Windows 10: Details of observation. What I have noticed is teaching people how to swim, as apposed to...

Discus and support Details of observation. What I have noticed is teaching people how to swim, as apposed to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As a "non-computer guy", I tend to notice things not-so binary. The way living things "work" is not so simple as 1's&0's, yes/no, on off, etc. The way... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobbChadfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Details of observation. What I have noticed is teaching people how to swim, as apposed to...

As a "non-computer guy", I tend to notice things not-so binary. The way living things "work" is not so simple as 1's&0's, yes/no, on off, etc. The way neurotransmitters flow across synapses does not represent a simple "yes/no, on/off outcome. What makes biological systems far superior OVER THE LONG TERM is it they are unimaginably robust. They encounter fault and problem over and over again, and though they may be taken down at any one time, but they keep getting up. No matter what. Biological systems have no innate interest, political or social nature to "survive" other then they can, and want to. Such "things" have no agenda. Other then to not to die. To be blunt.

Regarding computer security, when I draw a deference between "swimming or drowning", it means taking charge of what's going on now, and getting ahead of it. Or picking up the pieces after the fact. Isn't it better to take charge of what may happen, then to fear what we don't want to know will? Hiding under ones bed only works well if you live in the glorious American Midwest. You see, I grew up where tornados were quite common. I was taught to "respect them" the same way I was taught to respect their 500mph winds the strongest winds ever known on Earth. Such winds could drive straw into trees.

So to expand on the metaphor, it's necessary to create adaptations and technologies that can "flex and bend" to reflect the way the real world actually works. Not absolute's, but an infinite variables of striation's between 1and0. So lets move on.

* Moved from Virus & Malware

:)

RobbChadfield, Apr 12, 2021
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 12, 2021
  3. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Details of observation. What I have noticed is teaching people how to swim, as apposed to...

You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users

Source: You're the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Details of observation. What I have noticed is teaching people how to swim, as apposed to...

1. Details of observation. What I have noticed is teaching people how to swim, as apposed to... - Similar Threads - Details observation noticed

2. Teaching how to use Windows and Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teaching how to use Windows and Linux: I'm teaching how to use windows and linux @ https://undefined9.blogspot.com/2023/12/to-whoever.html
  3. I teach a class remotely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I teach a class remotely.: I teach a class remotely. The students are all in another location in a computer lab. For the class to begin I need a lab tech to turn on and connect the Zoom meeting but there are times that the Lab Tech is late and the class doesn't begin on time. Is there a system out...
  4. I teach a class remotely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I teach a class remotely.: I teach a class remotely. The students are all in another location in a computer lab. For the class to begin I need a lab tech to turn on and connect the Zoom meeting but there are times that the Lab Tech is late and the class doesn't begin on time. Is there a system out...
  5. I teach a class remotely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?: Windows 10 File Explorer supports showing the People tag when a JPG is tagged with a name in the properties on the details pane... [ATTACH] It also supports "Group by" for folders and it does group files by the tag... [ATTACH] The Details pane doesn't show the People...
  7. what people have permissions over search normally?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what people have permissions over search normally?: my search bar on windows is not working. whenever i click it it is blank for a while and closes and doesn't let me type. i was searching on how to fix this and one was to take permissions over the search folder or something. while i was looking in the permissions i saw 2...
  8. Hello, last few days I have noticed this annoying app/process, what is this ? and how to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, last few days I have noticed this annoying app/process, what is this ? and how to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Silent_ShotM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7g4wn/hello_last_few_days_i_have_noticed_this_annoying/
  9. What I've observed so far.

in Windows 10 Support
    What I've observed so far.: Hi Yesterday I installed Windows 10 in a dual boot configuration with Windows 8. I turned off both Fast Boot and Secure Boot in the bios first and created a partition on my second hard drive. I installed from a DVD I created from the .ISO file. I had no issues with...
  10. Observation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Observation.: *Kill Hi all. i am not sure about your good selves,however, for my part I dread microsoft updates arriving! Having started back in the days of DOS and gradually progessed via the Microsoft chain of dross via W97,W97 second edition,good old XP, Vista, wonderful Windows 7,...