Windows 10: Details Pane not showing codec info

Discus and support Details Pane not showing codec info in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, please see my screenshot, my details pane is not showing any codec information. I had to reinstall after a windows 10 update killed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chris25, Mar 16, 2017.

1. chris25 Win User

Details Pane not showing codec info

Hi,

please see my screenshot, my details pane is not showing any codec information.

I had to reinstall after a windows 10 update killed my computer (update loop bsod - I can't believe updates are stilling crashing computers).

before the details pane use to show codec info like:
    • Video Codec, example VC-1, AVC
    • Audio Codec, example DTS, TrueHD

how do I get it to show?

Details Pane not showing codec info [​IMG]

:)

chris25, Mar 16, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 file explorer music duration

Hi Sari, in Windows 10 Pane, that functionality is not available in the bottom bar!

However the easiest way to see this duration info is to show the Details Pane

On the View Ribbon at the top of Windows File Explorer, click 'Details Pane, then resize the Details Pane to suit your needs

Then once you select one or multiple audio files, you will be able to see the individual or cumulative duration in the Details Pane . . .

DaveM121, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Extras and info not showing details

I have changed my region from United states to India and since then I'm not able to see details on my extras and info app. It closes immediately when I open it. I need a solution for this.

sarathKariyil, Mar 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

One way is to use this
    File Metadata - Home
    and use its file association manager to enable it for extensions you're interested in.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Details Pane not showing codec info - Similar Threads - Details Pane showing

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...: My File Explorer stopped showing me a PROPERTIES pane all of a sudden. It now shows a DETAILS pane. How do I get it back to showing properties?...
  4. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...: My File Explorer stopped showing me a PROPERTIES pane all of a sudden. It now shows a DETAILS pane. How do I get it back to showing properties?...
  5. Windows File Explorer shows details pane; I want it to show properties pane in the right...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  7. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  8. Info pane - On the Bottom?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Info pane - On the Bottom?: Is it possible to move the info pane to the bottom of Explorer windows, similar to Windows 7? Seems easier to read for music files especially, rather than having long word wrapping for artist/album titles and so on. 16400
  9. Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there any way to show extended detail in the details pane ?: Hai Im new here.. *Smile Recently I was trying to add comments to movie folders so that i can keep a brief description about it when i click on it. It was easy to add comment then i had a bit trouble to get the comment getting displayed in the details pane...after playing...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119