Windows 10: Details view columns doesnt open!

Discus and support Details view columns doesnt open! in Cortana to solve the problem; 1st Q after opening a search results in details view then clicking the arrow beside columns to choose filters it does not open in most cases & for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Muftakis.World, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Details view columns doesnt open!

1st Q

after opening a search results in details view then clicking the arrow beside columns to choose filters it does not open in most cases & for other open but give infinite computing status so once i click away from the pop up it closes then i can not scroll up/dn the vertical bar.

2nd Q

in windows 7 i used to open start menu then put * and click see more results to open the full results which indexed but in windows 10 i can not do that in start menu either in explorer because it starts searching all the pc files/folders not the specific locations i have selected in indexing options, i want to just search in indexed locations for example:

i have 4 folders separated in 4 drives xtra-d, xtra-e,.. etc. & i have selected them in indexing options but when i open explorer to list all files sorted by date modified as i used to in w7 i always see search looking for every file/folder on pc not mention the long time, exhausting hdd(s)..

btw windows 7 is great & its the best os right now but its time to go over it and purchase a super pc to help in encoding stuff but this pc needs unfortunately just windows 10 not 7 unless i get a minimum stable conditions in windows 10 i cant install it, i use windows search daily & do a lot of work with sorting and filtering.

tnx in advence Details view columns doesnt open! :)

:)

Muftakis.World, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Graeme.P Win User

GPS data in Explorer details view

Hi Yann, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

You can view a much more comprehensive list of columns to include in the Details view of File Explorer, and choose which columns you'd like to see when browsing your files. Here are the steps to do this:

- Open File Explorer to a folder and view it in Details view.

- Right-click the column header to bring up the list of available column types to view.

- Click on More...

Here you'll see many options to choose from to make available, including some location information. You can check the ones you'd like to use, then click OK and it should show up as selectable when you right-click the column headers.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Details view truncating columns

After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case.
    What happened?

Captain Bogart, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Details view columns doesnt open!

File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a default view)

Hi,

To clarify your concern, we'd like to know if you're trying to change the width of all columns to fit their contents in a folder. If yes, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the folder with a details layout view that you want to change the width of columns to fit.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Click on Size all columns to fit in the ribbon.

Details view columns doesnt open! eeea339d-a1e0-4522-afe3-31f32bb87c65.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Details view columns doesnt open!

1. Details view columns doesnt open! - Similar Threads - Details view columns

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?: I would like to make Windows File Explorer open every folder, regardless of contents, in Details view with these columns in this order: Size Date Modified Name Type If I add a column later or rearrange them, I want to be able to propagate that layout all folders. Is...
  5. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  8. Favorites/Folders column viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites/Folders column viewing: I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc. I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole...
  9. Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?: To resize all columns to fit in Details view in Explorer the fastest way used to be putting the cursor on one division then holding Shift and double clicking. But some Windows version back, Microsoft took that away. *Mad Any way to get it back in 10 and other versions...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344