Windows 10: Details View option

Discus and support Details View option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Moša, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Moša Win User

Details View option

In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small...

My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the columns:

Name ------- Date modified ------- Type ------- Size

I want to make that "Details" option larger. It would be like to zoom into it, and see larger files?

Because with the huge Display settings, letters become very small.

For further references, and to whom it may concern:

I do not want to change the view of the files. I want it to stay as "Details". Just explain to me how to make the files inside any directory under details view larger and much more readable?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Moša, Mar 24, 2021
  2. TomStrong Win User

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 24, 2021
  4. TomStrong Win User

Details View option

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Details View option

1. Details View option - Similar Threads - Details View option

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  5. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  6. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default: Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer....
  7. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  8. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  9. Change the details view right click option list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the details view right click option list?: In details view, when right clicking the header to add columns, is there a way to add Frame Width and Frame Height to that popup menu? Better yet would be making it automatically add those columns for folders with videos files, with Frame Width to the left of Frame Height?...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344