Windows 10: Details view truncating columns

Discus and support Details view truncating columns in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Captain Bogart, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Details view truncating columns

After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?

:)

Captain Bogart, Feb 16, 2019

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a default view)

Hi,

To clarify your concern, we'd like to know if you're trying to change the width of all columns to fit their contents in a folder. If yes, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the folder with a details layout view that you want to change the width of columns to fit.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Click on Size all columns to fit in the ribbon.

Details view truncating columns eeea339d-a1e0-4522-afe3-31f32bb87c65.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Feb 16, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Details view truncating columns

Windows Explorer List view columns are too wide - can they be adjusted

Hi, another quirk I've just noticed:
    Here's List view

Details view truncating columns [​IMG]

Now if I hover over Extra Large or Medium Sized icons, then back to List view, I see

Size all columns to fit is only available for Details view.

dalchina, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Details view truncating columns

1. Details view truncating columns - Similar Threads - Details view truncating

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  5. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  6. Windows Explorer Properties/Details: Field is truncated - how to view

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Properties/Details: Field is truncated - how to view: I'm trying to view the software version that was used to process a photo. In Windows Explorer, I've opened the Properties panel and gone to the Details tab. Unfortunately, the data in the field I need ("Program name") is too long, so it is cutoff. I need to see all of it....
  7. Details view columns doesnt open!

in Cortana
    Details view columns doesnt open!: 1st Q after opening a search results in details view then clicking the arrow beside columns to choose filters it does not open in most cases & for other open but give infinite computing status so once i click away from the pop up it closes then i can not scroll up/dn the...
  8. Favorites/Folders column viewing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites/Folders column viewing: I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail. The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc. I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole...
  9. Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?: To resize all columns to fit in Details view in Explorer the fastest way used to be putting the cursor on one division then holding Shift and double clicking. But some Windows version back, Microsoft took that away. *Mad Any way to get it back in 10 and other versions...
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344