Windows 10: Detecting threats but not removing

Discus and support Detecting threats but not removing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. For last couple weeks, Windows defender in my Windows 10 pc has been running constantly consuming significant CPU> 50%, Memory and power. When... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShaileshShrestha, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Detecting threats but not removing

Hello.

For last couple weeks, Windows defender in my Windows 10 pc has been running constantly consuming significant CPU> 50%, Memory and power. When I ran fill scan it found 300+ threats but when i start action to remove it doesn't do anything, just keep running.

When I run quick scan and offline scan no threats found and third party app like malwaye bytes also didn't find anything.

Can anyone help me with this??

As windows defender is constantly running, my PC heats up significantly.

I would really appreciate any help to fix this.

:)

ShaileshShrestha, Jun 13, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

Check your list of installed programs and remove any toolbars. Run MBAM again, including rootkit detection, and do a full scan of all your hard drives, not just a Threat scan. Then, reset your Chrome browser.

Detecting threats but not removing [​IMG]

Detecting threats but not removing [​IMG]

simrick, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Detecting threats but not removing

How do I remove quarantined threats

It does say under 'Quarantined threats' that "Quarantined threats have been isolated and prevented from running on your device. They will be periodically removed". It could just be that by now they have been automatically removed. It's a possibility as your detections were a few days ago on the 5th. My test was less than 24 hours ago so the quarantined file has not (yet) been automatically removed.

Just reassurance that it's working as designed.

Thema:

Detecting threats but not removing

1. Detecting threats but not removing - Similar Threads - Detecting threats removing

2. Detected Threat won't be removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detected Threat won't be removed.: Recording of ProblemI've scanned the system many times and the threat of "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml" is never removed nor quarantined when I click start actions.Please help me rid myself of this threat....
  3. Detected Threat won't be removed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Detected Threat won't be removed.: Recording of ProblemI've scanned the system many times and the threat of "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml" is never removed nor quarantined when I click start actions.Please help me rid myself of this threat....
  4. Detected Threat won't be removed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow

Threat Detection: Removed or Restored and Allow: Hello, i plugged in my usb to the pc and windowds definder detected virus so i removed it immeditly after ejecting it so roughly 3 min. then it says the virus is quarantined so i cliked on action and choose: remove but the status became: remove or restored “ i...
  6. Threat Detection Removed or Restored

Threat Detection Removed or Restored: My Windows defender scan reported a threat and i dont know if it is deleted or not. Im not shure if i need to press allow in the Actions box. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/threat-detection-removed-or-restored/5b6b384e-3b6a-4269-8d99-df90c5e08c50
  7. Threat Detection Removed or Restored and Allow

Threat Detection Removed or Restored and Allow: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS Then from actions ı select remove it.Now it shows removed.But ı can still see it on windows defender past and its status is removed. Does it mean ı am safe now and the file that makes...
  8. Threat Detection Removed or Restored

Threat Detection Removed or Restored: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: HackTool:BAT/AutoKMS Then from actions ı select remove it.Now it shows removed.But ı can still see it on windows defender past and its status is removed. Does it mean ı am safe now and the file that makes...
  9. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  10. Threat Detection (Removed or Restored)

Threat Detection (Removed or Restored): Hey, My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. Am I correct? This...