Windows 10: Determine Current Font

Discus and support Determine Current Font in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I tell my current font in Windows 10? I see all kinds of tutorials on changing fonts, increasing and decreasing fonts, but how do I tell which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Soapm Win User

Determine Current Font

How do I tell my current font in Windows 10?

I see all kinds of tutorials on changing fonts, increasing and decreasing fonts, but how do I tell which font I'm currently using?

The reason I ask, my profile looks nice, crisp and clear but my daughters profile on the same computer is hard to read and has black shadows behind the letters. I would like to make her profile like mine but I have no idea which font I'm using and fear changing mine so it doesn't end up like hers.

Windows 10 version 20H2 build 19042.804

:)

Soapm, Mar 30, 2021

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 30, 2021
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Determine Current Font

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

Determine Current Font

1. Determine Current Font - Similar Threads - Determine Current Font

2. BSOD and Determining Cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and Determining Cause: Hello,I had a BSOD today. Log determined it was my m2 ssd on which the system is installed. If I attach it the log would you be able to tell me what went wrong Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 20/11/2021 16:35:19 Event ID: 162 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords:...
  3. Is there a way to replace the current Windows font with the MacOS one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace the current Windows font with the MacOS one?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lyteshadow12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdt0x3/is_there_a_way_to_replace_the_current_windows/
  4. How to display not change the current Windows 10 default font and font size ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display not change the current Windows 10 default font and font size ?: Windows 10 home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 No issues at all, everything works great. Is there a way for me to "see", what my laptops windows 10 default font name and font size currently is set to ? I have found plenty of advice on the Internet on how to "change"...
  5. Determine Wattage Of PSU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Determine Wattage Of PSU: Is there any way to determine the wattage of a PC Power Supply without physically checking the label??? 154170
  6. Fonts to Determine Should Be Malware or Not

Fonts to Determine Should Be Malware or Not: I have the fonts to make sure that these are either malware or not. Code: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mfqpx7fhz7jyckd/Windows_10_Fonts_03_31_20.rar/file - - - Updated - - - If a font is malware, I will remove it. - - - Updated - - - If there is a font that is unneeded...
  7. How to check current system font?

How to check current system font?: I want to check what name of font is used as system font on Windows 10. any GUI, cmd, Powershell or another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-current-system-font/5c978ce1-52fa-474c-8d7e-b4cd06fbcc8b
  8. How to determine what the current version of a device driver is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to determine what the current version of a device driver is: Hi, The reason for the question is, I was told that the information in Device Manager about version numbers is incorrect. Is that true? I believe it is. Thank you, Gary...
  9. determine the current build number on a 2012 R2 server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    determine the current build number on a 2012 R2 server: I'm trying to determine the current build number on a 2012 R2 server. Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/determine-the-current-build-number-on-a-2012-r2/77c125ac-ad45-4b82-8c56-62f8e697aef1
  10. How to determine which applications are currently using a service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to determine which applications are currently using a service: Is there a way to find out, which applications are currently using a service? Kindest Regards 55956