Windows 10: Determine if computer is desktop, laptop, tablet, etc...

Discus and support Determine if computer is desktop, laptop, tablet, etc... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Do you have a way to determine (from a batch file or other scripting language) if a computer is a desktop (separate monitor, mouse and kbd) vs. a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SpacemanSam, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Determine if computer is desktop, laptop, tablet, etc...

Do you have a way to determine (from a batch file or other scripting language) if a computer is a desktop (separate monitor, mouse and kbd) vs. a laptop, tablet, etc. (integrated monitor, mouse and kbd)?

:)

SpacemanSam, Apr 8, 2020
  2. MM27 Win User

College Laptop/Computer/Tablet

Hey Everyone!

I'm going to be a senior in high school next year, and I'm going to be a Computer Science major, in addition to being a Piano Performance major.

Currently, i have an iPad that is given to me until i graduate high school, and i love it. I've built custom PC's before, but currently I'm just using an old Compaq laptop.

I'm debating as to which type of computer I want..
    I will need a desktop for my dorm room, in addition to either a laptop or a tablet for around campus, when i'm home, etc....

I don't know if I should get an iMac or similar Apple desktop for my dorm room, and then a PC laptop to take around, most of my work for computer science will be done in the labs provided to me by the school. I'll also probably have an iPhone...so I'll definitely want some sort of a Mac laptop or computer or tablet...

The other choice is building another custom PC desktop and then purchasing either a new iPad or a MBP/MBAir....

In my dorm room, i'd love to be able to use AfterEffects, Gimp, Photoshop, etc.

Any thoughts or comments would be really appreciated, thank you so much!

MM27, Apr 8, 2020
  3. MM27 Win User
    College Laptop/Computer/Tablet

Thanks so much! I'm going to need both a desktop and a laptop however. Would you suggest that I get an iMac in addition?

MM27, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Determine if computer is desktop, laptop, tablet, etc...

Unable to access Teclast tablet on Windows 10 laptop via USB cable

Hi Ramesh,

As per the above description I understand that you are facing issues with accessing the tablet on your laptop. Correct me if I am wrong.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the tablet?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the tablet on your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to driver problems on your computer. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If you are connecting the tablet via wired/ USB connection, I suggest you to try the below as a workaround check if it helps.

• Use different cable and check. This will let us know if the issue is with the cable.

• Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer.

Also visit the Telecast support site and check if there is any drivers/firmware for your device model. If so install it and then check if you are able to connect to PC.

Teclast - Official Website

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing the tablet for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Determine if computer is desktop, laptop, tablet, etc...

1. Determine if computer is desktop, laptop, tablet, etc... - Similar Threads - Determine computer desktop

2. Multiple desktop computers and laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple desktop computers and laptop: I connected a second monitor to my laptop. Is there a way to ne able to move the cursor from monitor to monitor without going through laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-desktop-computers-and-laptop/4df05152-9b59-44d8-aeee-13f9c0c6b877
  3. Multiple desktop computers and laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple desktop computers and laptop: I connected a second monitor to my laptop. Is there a way to ne able to move the cursor from monitor to monitor without going through laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-desktop-computers-and-laptop/4df05152-9b59-44d8-aeee-13f9c0c6b877
  4. Multiple desktop computers and laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Arrange Desktop Icons (My Computer etc) automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange Desktop Icons (My Computer etc) automatically: I am trying to find a way to enable some desktop icons like "My Computer" and "My Documents" along with "Recycle bin" to arrange themselves, or force their positions. The recycle bin is usually in the top left so that doesn't matter much in this case, but when you enable the...
  6. Possible to determine how a user authenticated: Password, PIN, Biometric etc.?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to determine how a user authenticated: Password, PIN, Biometric etc.?: For an unknown reason, something possessed me to click a 'Learn More' link while setting up biometric sign-in, something I've done dozens of times before. I quickly scanned the page skimming each section, not really looking for anything in particular, until I read "What data...
  7. Connecting Laptop to Computer to Use As A Drawing Tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting Laptop to Computer to Use As A Drawing Tablet: I want to be able to use my laptop (Acer Spin) as a drawing tablet in tandem with my PC, is there any plausible way to do this ? Both run on Windows 10. submitted by /u/meme_lord04 [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Main Computer & Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Main Computer & Laptop: Hello All I have a desktop as my main computer , I also have a laptop computer that I use less. Is there a setting that would only allow the laptop to sync with the desk top? I do not want my desktop to change to my laptop but rather the laptop only to change to my desk...
  9. Registry entry to determine laptop or a desktop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry entry to determine laptop or a desktop?: Hi team, I am working on a NAC product and there are some posture policies which are specific to laptops. I tried a few things to segregate the laptops, such as using battery service or using WLANAutoconfig service to segregate the laptops from desktops, but hitting a wall...
  10. laptop and tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop and tablet: how can I use my laptop and tablet together it was working and now the tablet is not working correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-and-tablet/894c08f1-fce3-4ca0-ac03-319a846fb714

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iS MY COMPUTER LAPTOP OR DESKTOP

2. survey to determine if a laptop vs desktop