Windows 10: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Discus and support Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here, in Tenforums, we have a very looong and detailed thread regarding updates to the Realtek HD Audio Driver Version, which is maintained regularly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ddelo, Jan 24, 2019.

1. ddelo Win User

Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Here, in Tenforums, we have a very looong and detailed thread regarding updates to the Realtek HD Audio Driver Version, which is maintained regularly.

One of the most asked questions in this thread, is which type of Realtek driver one needs to update his Audio, since there are a few available.

As bluntly put by one of the most distinguished fellow members: "it was Greek" to him and he was absolutely right! So let's try to shed some light to this really complicated issue.

If you have already installed the appropriate driver, suggested by the Manufacturer, or if you have clean installed and Windows 10 has installed a driver for your specific Hardware ID then proceed to the steps below.
    If not, go to the system’s Manufacturer Support page and search for the Audio driver for your system. It doesn’t matter if you find the latest version, but make sure to download the suggested by the manufacturer driver for your Audio chip, install that driver and then follow the steps below.

To determine which driver you need you must follow these steps:
    • Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager or in Search type devmgmt to open Device Manager.
    • Navigate to “Sound, video and game controllers” and open “Realtek Audio
    • Select the Driver tan and click “Details
    • In Details search for any of the "special" files, for your specific driver, according to the list below.

Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio [​IMG]

If you cannot find any of the "special" files listed below, it means that you don’t have any additional integration (feature) and you just need to install the FF00 (= Generic) driver.

Besides the Generic one (FF00), which is what the name implies, a generic driver with no additional integration, for each one of the other driver types, the "special" files you must look for to decide which driver you need, are:

FF01 = FF00 with FMAPO (Fortemedia) Integration
    Code: FMAPO.dll, FMAPP.dll FMAPP.exe FMAPO32.dll FMAPO64.dll FMAPP.dll FMAPP.exe[/quote] FF03 = FF00 with Nahimic Integration
    Code: NAHIMICAPOlfx.dll NahimicAPONSControl.dll NAHIMICV2apo.dll NAHIMICV3apo.dll NAHIMICAPOlfx.dll NahimicAPONSControl.dll NAHIMICV2apo.dll NAHIMICV3apo.dll[/quote] FF04 = FF00 with CXAPO (Conexant) Integration
    Code: Caf32api.dll Caf32APO2.dll CX32APO.dll CX32Proxy.dll cxapo.lncs cxapo.prop CXAPOAgent.exe Caf64api.dll CAF64APO2.dll CX32APO.dll CX64APO.dll CX64Proxy.dll cxapo.lncs cxapo.prop CXAPOAgent64.exe[/quote] FF06 = FF00 with MaxxAudio Integration
    Code: MaxxAudioAPO.dll MaxxAudioAPO20.dll MaxxAudioAPO30.dll MaxxAudioAPO40.dll MaxxAudioAPO50.dll MaxxAudioAPO60.dll MaxxAudioAPO70.dll MaxxAudioAPOShell.dll MaxxAudioCapture.dll MaxxAudioEQ.dll MaxxAudioMeters.exe MaxxAudioRealtek.dll MaxxAudioRender.dll MaxxAudioRenderAVX.dll MaxxAudioVienna2.dll MaxxSpeechAPO.dll MaxxVoiceAPO20.dll MaxxVoiceAPO30.dll MaxxVoiceAPO40.dll MaxxVolumeSDAPO.dll tbb_waves.dll WavesGUILib.dll WavesLib.dll MaxxAudioAPO20.dll MaxxAudioAPO30.dll MaxxAudioAPO4064.dll MaxxAudioAPO5064.dll MaxxAudioAPO6064.dll MaxxAudioAPO7064.dll MaxxAudioAPOShell64.dll MaxxAudioCapture64.dll MaxxAudioEQ64.dll MaxxAudioMeters64.exe MaxxAudioRealtek64.dll MaxxAudioRender64.dll MaxxAudioRenderAVX64.dll MaxxAudioVienna264.dll MaxxSpeechAPO.dll MaxxSpeechAPO64.dll MaxxVoiceAPO2064.dll MaxxVoiceAPO30.dll MaxxVoiceAPO3064.dll MaxxVoiceAPO4064.dll MaxxVolumeSDAPO.dll tbb_waves.dll WavesGUILib64.dll[/quote] FF10 = FF00 with Creative Integration
    Code: MBAPO232.dll MBAPO32.dll mbfilt32.sys MBPPCn32.dll MBppld32.dll MBTHX32.dll MBWrp32.dll GWfilt64.sys MBAPO232.dll MBAPO264.dll MBAPO32.dll MBAPO64.dll mbfilt64.sys MBPPCn64.dll MBppld64.dll MBTHX32.dll MBTHX64.dll MBWrp64.dll[/quote] FF0C = FF00 with DTS/SST (Intel) Integration
    Code: IntelSSTAPO.dll IntelSstCApoPropPage.dll rtkSSTsetting.dat[/quote]
    Once again it should be noted that the above apply to Realtek HDA drivers, but some of the files per driver type should apply to UAD drivers too.

That's it. You now know, which driver type you need to update your Audio. Find the appropriate one and update your Audio!

HTH. Dimitri

:)

ddelo, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Realtek HD Audio Driver Version old post

Had some time since 8210 was out to look more into the Realtek Audio Manager missing issue. On Windows 10 x64 Home Edition with Creators Update. This is what I did:

1) In Windows, right clicked on Start Menu, Apps & Features, selected "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" which shows as 6.0.1.8205 and clicked on uninstall.

2) Ran Remo Uninstaller's forced uninstall but nothing was found.

3) Rebooted system

4) After system reboot, went to Device Manager, then "sound, video and game controllers" where it listed Realtek High Definition Audio with the driver version 7571 which I think is what comes with Creators Update, update driver and pointed it to the 8210 folder with the browse for drivers. 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

5) Rebooted the system

6) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager. Did a Have Disk update driver but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu. 8210 is installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

7) Rebooted system

8) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

9) Did a uninstall driver and selected the delete drivers box

10) Ran Remo Uninstaller's forced uninstall but nothing was found.

11) Rebooted the system

12) After system reboot, went to Device Manager, then "sound, video and game controllers" where it listed Realtek High Definition Audio with the driver version 7571 which I think is what comes with Creators Update, update driver and pointed it to the 8210 folder with the browse for drivers. 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

13) Rebooted the system

14) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager. Did a Have Disk update driver but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu. 8210 is installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

15) Rebooted the system

16) Device Manager shows 8210 installed but the Realtek HD Audio Manager was not found in Control Panel or the Start Menu while C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe and C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe processes are running in the background. RAVCpl64.exe does exist in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA and I can run it which opens up Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Not sure what else I can do to fix this since I just have to manually run it using Windows Explorer and then select display icon in notification area. I remember in mid-late 2015 in this thread, I found a way to fix it but I can't seem to find my post to see exactly what I did.

Almighty1, Jan 24, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio - Similar Threads - Determine HDA Realtek

2. I need a Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a Realtek audio driver: I need a Realtek audio driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-realtek-audio-driver/a2a85a68-7b57-48a6-8459-b05d97d40bcb
  3. I need a Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a Realtek audio driver: I need a Realtek audio driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-realtek-audio-driver/a2a85a68-7b57-48a6-8459-b05d97d40bcb
  4. I need a Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver

Need to replace Microsoft Driver with Realtek Audio Driver: HiI have used 6 below mentioned steps to replace Microsoft driver and install Realtek driver Actually need to replace other drivers as well but not working out. Intention is to remove: Audioendpoint.inf which is getting picked by default to many audio device components...
  6. Uninstalling Realtek UAD and installing fresh drivers (HDA)

Uninstalling Realtek UAD and installing fresh drivers (HDA): Hey there! Is there a way to uninstall completely current Realtek Audio driver and install fresh one from our site, from here? Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [2] I'm not a fan of this UAD driver, want to change to legacy one, if there is a option to do such thing If...
  7. realtek hda driver

realtek hda driver: so i few weeks back updated my realtek hda drivers and now they have vanished off of my computer. I cant find my realtek hda in the task manager. This is bothering me cause my laptop doesen't detect my headsets mic anymore. The laptop just uses the built in mic. So does...
  8. Determine the DCH (UAD) Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Determine the DCH (UAD) Realtek driver needed for your Audio: Although discussed and implemented long before, starting from early 2018, a new type of Windows drivers has become the de facto standard for new PCs. The DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware supported apps) drivers. Windows DCH Drivers are driver packages that will...
  9. Need help with my audio driver [Realtek]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with my audio driver [Realtek]: I've bought last week an Lenovo T440 [20b7s09600] and my audio on headphones worked pretty fine, except that when Windows updated automatically [1909] in night one day then the audio worked, but at a lower volume [sorta like 100% = 64%]. I almost heard nothing and I couldn't...
  10. Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio

Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio: Here, at Tenforums, we have a very looong and detailed thread regarding updates to the Realtek HD Audio Driver Version, which is maintained regularly. One of the most asked questions in this thread, is which type of Realtek driver one needs to update his Audio, since there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. determine realtek audio

2. realtek ravcpl64 windows 10

3. CX64Proxy

4. how to determine realtek hda driver,
  5. how to determine neded RealTek audio driver,
  6. Determine the HDA Realtek driver