Windows 10: Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

Discus and support Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Community, while my PC was on standby in the late evening I heard from the living room that it is doing a reboot. It certainly might have been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BirgitBleier, May 13, 2020.

1. Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

Hi Community,

while my PC was on standby in the late evening I heard from the living room that it is doing a reboot.

It certainly might have been outside defined active hours for Windows updates. I am just wondering if I can determine if the reboot was initiated by Windows updates or a technical problem.
    What I am after: in former times with Windows 7 after reboot there was a info next to the clock telling "your PC was restarted for updates" similar.

System: PC desktop

Windows: Version 1909

Thanks and all the best,

Birgit

:)

BirgitBleier, May 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 13, 2020
  4. Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

1. Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot - Similar Threads - Determine reason reboot

2. Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot: The computer had a reboot and I wonder if this could happen again. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffd1800cd57218, 0x8a00000000300121, 0xfffff60646051d00, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in:...
  3. Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot: The computer had a reboot and I wonder if this could happen again. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffd1800cd57218, 0x8a00000000300121, 0xfffff60646051d00, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in:...
  4. Windows 10 Pro New computer system reboots intermittently for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro New computer system reboots intermittently for no reason: I get the following error msg "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."The problem is completely random. Rebooted today & yesterday then was OK for 4 days...
  5. How to determine reason for high number of Page Faults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to determine reason for high number of Page Faults: I'm looking for help to determine the reason for a large number of page faults. I'm on Windows 10 and here's my situation. When I first restart in the morning, everything is fine. After a couple hours my laptop slows down to the point my mouse is practically unuseable. I...
  6. How to determine reason for high number of Page Faults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to determine reason for high number of Page Faults: I'm looking for help to determine the reason for a large number of page faults. I'm on Windows 10 and here's my situation. When I first restart in the morning, everything is fine. After a couple hours my laptop slows down to the point my mouse is practically unuseable. I...
  7. How to determine reason for high number of Page Faults

8. PC randomly reboots for no reason

PC randomly reboots for no reason: Hello, my PC randomly reboots for no apparent reason for a few days now. It doesn't freeze, it doesn't say "Rebooting Windows" or whatever, it just goes straight to black and then I see the BIOS message and it starts just like nothing happened. I'm running Windows 10,...
  9. Can i determine Update Installation failure reasons from CBS.log ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i determine Update Installation failure reasons from CBS.log ?: Hi, This been happening to me since i upgraded to windows 10, 3 years ago, almost every now and then, i get an update that causes my computer to go into restarting loop and all i can do is either restaure, or force shutdown (press power button) and then i get this message:...
  10. How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

in Windows 10 Support
    How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted: Hi, While I was working on my laptop, Windows 10 went into a hung state and rebooted shortly afterwards. Here was no error message or crash on the desktop. I checked the Windows Event log, but did not find anything that suggests the reason of the sudden reboot without...