Windows 10: Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

Discus and support Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Community, while my PC was on standby in the late evening I heard from the living room that it is doing a reboot. It certainly might have been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BirgitBleier, May 13, 2020.

1. Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

Hi Community,

while my PC was on standby in the late evening I heard from the living room that it is doing a reboot.

It certainly might have been outside defined active hours for Windows updates. I am just wondering if I can determine if the reboot was initiated by Windows updates or a technical problem.
    What I am after: in former times with Windows 7 after reboot there was a info next to the clock telling "your PC was restarted for updates" similar.

System: PC desktop

Windows: Version 1909

Thanks and all the best,

Birgit

:)

BirgitBleier, May 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 13, 2020
  4. Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Volume Key Licenses, find a way.

broken pixel, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot

1. Determine the reason for Windows 10 reboot - Similar Threads - Determine reason reboot

2. Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reason for HDR not working in Windows 10?: When I click to turn on "HDR and WCG" in Display/Settings I get a 'Do You Wish To Keep New Settings Or Revert' message but regardless of what I do it HDR remains turned off with no error message saying that that HDR cant work on my computer or the reason why. Now my...
  3. General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General fix for random reboots and system issues where power is the reason.: * Moved from Community Participation CenterHi people. I have helped a growing numbers of users with issues like random reboots, black screen after X min or hardware just stops working. Win 10 powersettings are default set to save power. This sounds good, and was a good...
  4. Can i determine Update Installation failure reasons from CBS.log ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i determine Update Installation failure reasons from CBS.log ?: Hi, This been happening to me since i upgraded to windows 10, 3 years ago, almost every now and then, i get an update that causes my computer to go into restarting loop and all i can do is either restaure, or force shutdown (press power button) and then i get this message:...
  5. Can i determine Update Installation failure reasons from CBS.log ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i determine Update Installation failure reasons from CBS.log ?: Hi, This been happening to me since i upgraded to windows 10, 3 years ago, almost every now and then, i get an update that causes my computer to go into restarting loop and all i can do is either restaure, or force shutdown (press power button) and then i get this message:...
  6. Windows 10 Deactivated For No Reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Deactivated For No Reason: i suddenly got this watermark yesterday saying i need to activate my windows. this is the first time this happened after buying this laptop for almost 2 years now. also the windows activation troubleshooter won't connect to the microsoft server (0xc0020036) this g**d*mn...
  7. Computer crashing for no reason - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing for no reason - Windows 10: Today my computer has started crashing for no obvious reason giving me a bluescreen. No errors found in the event log and it crashed while just browsing the web. No newly installed applications just before the crash as I can recall. Message on lblue screen: If you want...
  8. How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted

in Windows 10 Support
    How to figure out exact reason why Windows 10 rebooted: Hi, While I was working on my laptop, Windows 10 went into a hung state and rebooted shortly afterwards. Here was no error message or crash on the desktop. I checked the Windows Event log, but did not find anything that suggests the reason of the sudden reboot without...
  9. Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10: How to: Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10 How to Determine File System of Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information A file system enables applications to store and retrieve files on storage devices. Windows 10 supports formatting a drive using the ReFS file...
  10. Determine Account Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Determine Account Type in Windows 10: How to: Determine Account Type in Windows 10 How to Determine if Users are an Administrator or Standard User in Windows 10 When you set up Windows, you were required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to set up your PC and...