Windows 10: Determine Wattage Of PSU

Discus and support Determine Wattage Of PSU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to determine the wattage of a PC Power Supply without physically checking the label??? 154170 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Michale32086, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Determine Wattage Of PSU

Is there any way to determine the wattage of a PC Power Supply without physically checking the label???

:)

Michale32086, Apr 13, 2020
  2. RoshanV S Win User

psu watts

Hi,

I'm Roshan V S, Independent advisor and a Windows user like you.

You can see the wattage on the rear/bottom side of your PSU. There must be a label which shows the wattage and other specifications of your PSU.

Check this article for further reference:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-check...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate,

safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps you. If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating and have a great day!

RoshanV S, Apr 13, 2020
  3. xlook Win User
    Is this the Right Wattage for a PSU for Gaming?

Guys, I finally decided to just keep my 750 watt PSU. In the future I won't be doing Sli or Xfire, just single vid card. I'm expecting to buy the 1080 in 7 - 12 months.

I think that you're all right about wattage. I'll never use up 750 watts with a single bid card and even if I were OCed too.

xlook, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Nolesy Win User

Determine Wattage Of PSU

Conversion|wattage basics

Thanks for the reply. So, if a device doesn't include its wattage in the title - like the 700 watt juicer - is there a way to tell what wattage it is? Would a 300 watt transformer be useful for most small household appliances?

How come you suggest not using devices designed for different grid-voltages? Are you saying step down transformers can be problematic?

Thanks again.

Nolesy, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Determine Wattage Of PSU

1. Determine Wattage Of PSU - Similar Threads - Determine Wattage PSU

2. PC randomly shutting down under GPU load? Replacing to a higher wattage PSU doesn't help....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shutting down under GPU load? Replacing to a higher wattage PSU doesn't help....: When I first asked about this, people said that it was my PSU before FSP Hydro Pro 550W, but I already replaced it to a newer one ASUS TUF 750W 80+ Bronze and the issue still persists. I ran Cinebench and it passed. I ran OCCT and it passed. However, when I try to use 3dmark,...
  3. PC randomly shutting down under GPU load? Replacing to a higher wattage PSU doesn't help....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly shutting down under GPU load? Replacing to a higher wattage PSU doesn't help....: When I first asked about this, people said that it was my PSU before FSP Hydro Pro 550W, but I already replaced it to a newer one ASUS TUF 750W 80+ Bronze and the issue still persists. I ran Cinebench and it passed. I ran OCCT and it passed. However, when I try to use 3dmark,...
  4. PSU

PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  5. AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined: How do I tell the laptop what the wattage and type are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-wattage-and-type-cannot-be-determined/a6f6083e-0bf2-4369-b8fc-510436fee5c8
  6. AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined

AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined: How do I tell the laptop what the wattage and type are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ac-adapter-wattage-and-type-cannot-be-determined/a6f6083e-0bf2-4369-b8fc-510436fee5c8
  7. AC adapter wattage and type cannot be determined

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "AC power wattage and type cannot be determined"

in Windows 10 Support
    "AC power wattage and type cannot be determined": The error message continues: "The battery may not charge. The system will adjust the performance to match the power." My Alienware M15 laptop certainly is doing that. Some of my games are running unacceptably slow or even unplayable. The charger is plugged in all the way....
  9. Determine Wattage Of PSU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Determine Wattage Of PSU: Is there any way to determine the wattage of a PC Power Supply without physically checking the label??? 154170
  10. Wattage

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Wattage: I want to buy a R9-290X for around $200 but 300 watts is a bit much. So can I get a good video card without it putting out so much wattage?