Windows 10: Determine what Microsoft userid is on my Dell desktop PC.

Discus and support Determine what Microsoft userid is on my Dell desktop PC. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In booting up my Dell desktop PC, it runs through what I believe is the normal bootup process shows Dell logo, etc and then immediately goes to the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EulaStull, Jan 7, 2020.

1. EulaStull Win User

Determine what Microsoft userid is on my Dell desktop PC.

In booting up my Dell desktop PC, it runs through what I believe is the normal bootup process shows Dell logo, etc and then immediately goes to the Microsoft logon script. It shows my name first name, last name and asks for password to log in. I type in the password that works on my laptop when I go to "live.com" using my logon id "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***." The only thing I can think that might be causing this problem is that the logon id for my desktop must be different than the one on the laptop. Since I can't get logged on, I don't know of a way to determine the logon id on the desktop. Can that be done some way, or is there a way to bypass the Microsoft account log in?

At some point it will give me an option to logon using Microsoft Hello but as far as I know I have never set this up so it doesn't appear to be an option.

:)

EulaStull, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service

Read more: Microsoft is now managing HP, Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service

Read more: Microsoft is now managing HP, Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service | ZDNet

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Determine what Microsoft userid is on my Dell desktop PC.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Determine what Microsoft userid is on my Dell desktop PC.

1. Determine what Microsoft userid is on my Dell desktop PC. - Similar Threads - Determine Microsoft userid

2. What determines the display number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What determines the display number.: Does windows determine the display number based on on which port the various monitors are connected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-determines-the-display-number/f17cb8ff-7bd4-4e7d-8d16-6f1d5a45843a
  3. What determines the display number.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What determines the display number.: Does windows determine the display number based on on which port the various monitors are connected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-determines-the-display-number/f17cb8ff-7bd4-4e7d-8d16-6f1d5a45843a
  4. Determining what PUA's are

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Determining what PUA's are: I got gifted the game Disgaea for my birthday a while ago, but the game needs a LOT of grinding. I am not a kid with a summer vacation to blow on this anymore, so I wanted to cheat some XP to eliminate the boring grinding. However the save files are encrypted, so I'm looking...
  5. Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID: I have very recently learned about a company that automatically uses your email account UserID for creating an identical UserID when you register to use that company's services.To my mind that is a security nightmare.May I ask for your opinion about this?Thank you....
  6. Help Determine what partitions are needed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help Determine what partitions are needed: I have a Win 10 installation that originally was Win 8, then upgraded to Win 8.1 Pro and finally upgraded to Win 10. It is now on the current 20H2 version. I know not all partitions are needed. I have a clean Win 10 Pro install (dual boot with this one) and its only one...
  7. UserID

in Windows 10 Customization
    UserID: how do i change my userID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/userid/22ef5c71-abdd-4b4d-903a-2969b5c8b4db
  8. Determining what monitor to get

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Determining what monitor to get: Hey everyone, I have a MSI bravo 15 laptop and I was wanting to get a nice monitor to game on. I have done a bit of research and found I need to size the monitor with my GPU and operating system. So I was wanting to know if there were any suggestions on what I should look...
  9. What determines what will be the computers name at startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What determines what will be the computers name at startup?: I'm kinda curious, what decides what name the computer will get (WIN-xxxxx), and I woule like to know if its just a random string, or there is a method behind it?...
  10. forgot my userid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot my userid: I cannot remember my userid in win 10. It was always preloaded in win 7 so didnt think about it. Any ideas? Please, it is awful. 39977