Windows 10: Determining the capacity of a flash drive

Discus and support Determining the capacity of a flash drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Because I wanted to know exactly how much memory capacity a particular flash drive has. Because I tried checking it out in file explorer but no luck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PianSa, Nov 15, 2018.

1. PianSa Win User

Determining the capacity of a flash drive

Because I wanted to know exactly how much memory capacity a particular flash drive has. Because I tried checking it out in file explorer but no luck with it.

Thanks in advance.

:)

PianSa, Nov 15, 2018
  2. RosebudLR Win User

Flash Drive Capacity Problem

Thanks for the info. I took the other flash drive back. I checked the capacity on the new one before I backed up my files. The 128GB flash drive gave me a capacity of 115GB. Kind of threw me when I checked the capacity after the back up was completed
    and the total capacity read 32GB. Now I know the reason why.

RosebudLR, Nov 15, 2018
  3. RosebudLR Win User
    Flash Drive Capacity Problem

I recently purchased from Costco a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 128 GB flash drive to create a Windows 10 recovery backup.

After performing the backup, I checked the properties on the flash drive and it said that the total capacity on this drive was only 32 GB.

I re-formatted the flash drive and also did a dos chkdsk and the capacity still shows 32 GB.

Another question ... should the flash drive be formatted as NTFS or the Fat32 default.

Before I take it back to Costco, am I missing something.

RosebudLR, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Determining the capacity of a flash drive - Similar Threads - Determining capacity flash

2. Is there a way to determine if your Flash Drive is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to determine if your Flash Drive is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?: I have a bunch of USB 2.0 and 3.0 Flash Drives - which don't seem to match the color codes for USB Drives.Some have red connectors, but I am pretty sure they are not USB 3.2 drives. Yes, they are pretty old and the ones with the red connectors seem to be mainly SanDisk...
  3. Is there a way to determine if your Flash Drive is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to determine if your Flash Drive is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?: I have a bunch of USB 2.0 and 3.0 Flash Drives - which don't seem to match the color codes for USB Drives.Some have red connectors, but I am pretty sure they are not USB 3.2 drives. Yes, they are pretty old and the ones with the red connectors seem to be mainly SanDisk...
  4. Is there a way to determine if your Flash Drive is USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. the available capacity of the C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the available capacity of the C drive: I use the latest windows 10 21h2. My computer is only for storing slide images and docx files. before my C drive was 50 out of 99.9gb empty and now it's only 48/98.7 gb. Can i ask why i lost 1.2gb of available even though i didnt save anything new? Is my hard drive has...
  6. Increasing C drive capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing C drive capacity: I have a 1 Tb capacity divided into C and D drives. The C drive keeps reaching capacity but the D drive has 500 Gb of free space. How do I increase the size of the C drive so that it can use some of the unused D drive capacity....
  7. C Drive Capacity - Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Capacity - Question: C Drive Capacity - Please see screenshot 24. I am trying to determine the current capacity of my C drive. Looking at my C drive in two different locations gives me different numbers. Why is that? Thanks, Jerry [ATTACH]...
  8. How to Restore Storage Capacity to a Flash Drive that has been used as media

How to Restore Storage Capacity to a Flash Drive that has been used as media: CAUTION: This document assumes the drive was formatted to a smaller disk size for a specific purpose, like to create OS media. If it is being used to store data for ANY reason, BACK UP YOUR DATA before attempting any of these steps. Any data that is not backed up will be lost...
  9. One Drive Capacity

One Drive Capacity: How do I find out how much capacity I have for free storage on One Drive. Currently the only information I see is 20.5gb remaining. How do i find out how much I started with i.e. used already 25688
  10. CES 2017: Kingston unveils 'world's highest capacity USB flash drive'

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2017: Kingston unveils 'world's highest capacity USB flash drive': Kingston's new DataTraveler Ultimate GT comes in 1TB and 2TB configurations. [img] Imagine being able to carry a whopping 70 hours of 4K video in your pocket. Kingston makes this a reality. The new DataTraveler Ultimate GT -- the GT stands for Generation Terabyte...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. determining capacity of thumb drive