Windows 10: Devastated by image searches blocking the saving of pictures!

Discus and support Devastated by image searches blocking the saving of pictures! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I had not saved an image for a week or two, and suddenly a) I can no longer download any images from Google, Bing etc. I invariably get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MiketheFritz, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Devastated by image searches blocking the saving of pictures!

Hello, I had not saved an image for a week or two, and suddenly

a) I can no longer download any images from Google, Bing etc. I invariably get the message "Web Browser could not save the picture", and when I click on the file it says "It looks like we don't support this file format"

b) I can no longer mark several images with one left-click swipe for deletion, cutting or copying!

I hope someone can help me to solve these unexpected problems.

In advance Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Mike the Fritz

:)

MiketheFritz, Dec 18, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Save Target As

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to save the picture on your desire location.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Open the image/picture you want to download.
    • Right click on the image/picture.
    • Click on save picture option.
    • A window shall popup to select the storage location.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Devastated by image searches blocking the saving of pictures!

my screenshots are not saved to pictures folder where screenshots are saved by default on windows 10

Hi Wasim,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What happens when you try making changes in the registry?

2. Where exactly does the picture get saved?

I suggest you to try the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool and check for system health
    and then try saving the pictures to picture folder.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)is the tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Devastated by image searches blocking the saving of pictures!

1. Devastated by image searches blocking the saving of pictures! - Similar Threads - Devastated image searches

2. How can I save the images in search highlights?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I save the images in search highlights?: The image of International Tiger Day is kind of cute so that I want to save it but I don't know where it is. It's said to be located in "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\ShellFeeds" but I found nothing there. The image may disappear...
  3. How can I save the images in search highlights?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I save the images in search highlights?: The image of International Tiger Day is kind of cute so that I want to save it but I don't know where it is. It's said to be located in "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\ShellFeeds" but I found nothing there. The image may disappear...
  4. Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Images, pictures, saved to Fireshot, not to Downloads, Pictures folders!: Recently purchased Lenovo ThinkBook laptop, that came with Win10 Pro. Noticed that whenever I find an interesting image, picture, photo, doc, etc. while on Google Search, and I click "save". The saved item doesn't show up in the usual folders as in old PCs I had as these...
  5. Saving a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a picture: When I tried saving a picture that was a png file explorer seemed to want to save it as an hmtl. How do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-picture/ba677bdb-0c40-44f3-818d-3ff8c82e4768
  6. saving pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving pictures: Hi. I am trying to save a picture from FB in my pictures folder in the computer option. I have found over time, and then again today, when I save a picture and under jpeg usually, all I get is code. I go thru all the codes available to see if anything will change but there's...
  7. Saving pictures from google images

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving pictures from google images: When i save a picture that is 1920 by 1080 for some reason every time it shrinks down to a small size and gets really blurry. Thank you 70282
  8. Picture saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture saved: I hate the way W10 saves my pics to it's photo's, then i can't transfer them to Face Book !! Anyone tell me how i can have them sent to pictures in this photo when i want to import them from my camera to this destination ????? [img] Many Thanks !! 54924
  9. Saving pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving pictures: How do I save pictures on Windows 10? My mouse does not have a right click on this system. 39278
  10. Saving Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Pictures: I am having trouble saving pictures to my "Pictures" folder. I right click on the picture sent to me via e-mail, Facebook, etc I click "Save Link As". I rename the picture and try to save it to my "Pictures" Folder. It says that I do not have permission to save to that folder...