Windows 10: Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature

Discus and support Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft earlier this year launched Windows 10 April 2018 Update and it comes with a new feature called Timeline that allows users to create snapshots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature

Microsoft earlier this year launched Windows 10 April 2018 Update and it comes with a new feature called Timeline that allows users to create snapshots of their activities and restore them within the next 30 days. Timeline stores snapshots of almost everything including the web history, though for now, only Microsoft Edge is supported.

Developer Dominic Maas unveiled the first implementation of this feature for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The third-party browser support has finally been developed and it works like a charm.

“I recently switched back to Google Chrome (from Microsoft Edge) on my Surface (due to lacking 1Password X support), I was looking around for an extension that would perform similar user activity syncing like Microsoft Edge. I did find one, but it was a paid Windows Store app and a free chrome extension (both required). I figured that it shouldn’t be too difficult to implement, so I created this repository,” the developer explains.

It’s not a big hack or something that the extension would only let all Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox tabs show up in Windows 10 Timeline, and everything seems to be running quite flawlessly.

I heard y'all wanted @firefox support (thanks to https://t.co/Kn2ia9qxvR for the bug fixes). pic.twitter.com/EJWOFFnTZ1

— Dominic Maas (@dominicjmaas) July 12, 2018

“I found an extension for Chrome that enables Windows Timeline support, but it was a weird hybrid paid store app + free chrome extension. Decided to create my own, acts like Microsoft Edge currently,” he said on Twitter.

We’ll update this article when the download links of the extension are available.

The post Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Naito Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Jul 12, 2018
  4. TheHunter Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Developer finds a way to add Firefox and Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline feature - Similar Threads - Developer finds add

2. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  3. Taskbar Features Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Features Timeline: So firstly let me say that I love the new Windows 11 aesthetic. It looks fantastic. That being said, why have so many features been removed from taskbar customization and is there a timeline for when they will return? Biggest one so far me is button grouping. Why is there no...
  4. windows 10 Timeline feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Timeline feature: The Windows Timeline feature seems to be fractured someway on my Laptop. It displays a record only a daily Daily mail icon which i browse but no other activities. I have checked the Privacy settings and everything is as it should be All the updates are loaded and...
  5. For developers: Use developer features

For developers: Use developer features: I am trying to edit the use developer features section in the settings and I am trying to change them to sideload apps but I am unable to edit them and it says: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. at the top and I don't know if that has anything to do...
  6. Windows Timeline feature

Windows Timeline feature: [ATTACH] not able to see previous apps on the new timeline feature only current apps are being shown. I have synced my Email id too through privacy settings...
  7. Timeline for disabling Firefox legacy add-ons on addons.mozilla.org

in Windows 10 News
    Timeline for disabling Firefox legacy add-ons on addons.mozilla.org: Mozilla will stop supporting Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) 52, the final release that is compatible with legacy add-ons, on September 5, 2018. As no supported versions of Firefox will be compatible with legacy add-ons after this date, we will start the process of...
  8. Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working

Windows 10 TimeLine Feature is not working: How do I enable Activities History so I can use the TimeLine Feature?. I researched this and the advice is: Go to Settings / Privacy and Enable Activities History I am not seeing Activities History anywhere on my Windows 10 Settings Panel You can see a screen...
  9. Third-party extension that adds Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline is now available

in Windows 10 News
    Third-party extension that adds Chrome to Windows 10 Timeline is now available: Microsoft’s latest version of the Windows 10 operating system comes with Timeline. Called Windows Timeline, it happens to be one of the hallmark areas of the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Microsoft’s Edge browser integrates with Timeline by default. Unfortunately, app...
  10. The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons

in Windows 10 News
    The Future of Developing Firefox Add-ons: Today we are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some foundational changes to support: Taking advantage of...