Windows 10: Developer mode

Discus and support Developer mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I tried to enable my developer mode on my laptop but due to some reason it got stuck to "searching for developer mode package" and now i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PranavShiju, May 30, 2021.

1. Developer mode

Today I tried to enable my developer mode on my laptop but due to some reason it got stuck to "searching for developer mode package" and now i am unable to select other options also. I even tried to restarting and shutting down my laptop but it didn't worked. My windows version is 1909. Kindly get me a solution to it.

:)

PranavShiju, May 30, 2021

2. How to enable developer mode in Windows 10

Hi Roshan,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below to enable Developer Mode via Group Policy and check.

1. Open Group Policy Editor and navigate to the following setting:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > App Package Deployment

2. You will need to edit and Enable the following two policies

• Allow all trusted apps to install
    • Allows development of Windows Store apps and installing them from an integrated development environment (IDE

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, May 30, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't Enable Developer Mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in enabling Developer mode. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you using Windows 10 Home or Pro?

As you have mentioned that you are using Windows 10 Home, I would like to inform that Group Policy editor is not available in Home edition of Windows.

However, let me share an article that might help you in enabling Developer mode using Registry Editor. I would suggest you to refer the section
    Use group policies or registry keys to enable a device from the article

Enable your device for development

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2021
  4. Developer mode

What is developer mode

Hi,

I suggest you to start the computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode and check if it fixes the issue:

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 Insider Preview.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Developer mode

1. Developer mode - Similar Threads - Developer mode

2. How to enable Device Discovery in Windows 11 Developer Mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Device Discovery in Windows 11 Developer Mode: [IMG]In this post, we will help you with how to enable Device discovery in Windows 11 Developer Mode. The Device discovery feature helps to discover unmanaged devices such as mobile devices, network devices (like switches and routers), workstations, etc., which are not yet...
  3. Unable to turn on developer mode on Hololens 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn on developer mode on Hololens 2: I'm trying to turn on Developer Mode so that I can run my Unity project on my Hololens. The toggle for Developer Mode isn't grayed out, but when I press it, it does nothing. My Hololens is from an organization, but I confirmed with them that they haven't locked down Developer...
  4. Unable to turn on developer mode on Hololens 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn on developer mode on Hololens 2: I'm trying to turn on Developer Mode so that I can run my Unity project on my Hololens. The toggle for Developer Mode isn't grayed out, but when I press it, it does nothing. My Hololens is from an organization, but I confirmed with them that they haven't locked down Developer...
  5. Unable to turn on developer mode on Hololens 2

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Options do not appear in my setting menu Developer mode, Edit group policy, and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Options do not appear in my setting menu Developer mode, Edit group policy, and others: OS: Win 11 HomeProduct: Surface Pro 6I just had to reinstall Windows and now Developer mode, Edit group policy, and other features do not seem to be part of the OS. I have followed the steps in other answers.microsoft.com questions. The options are not available. I even...
  7. Options do not appear in my setting menu Developer mode, Edit group policy, and others

Options do not appear in my setting menu Developer mode, Edit group policy, and others: OS: Win 11 HomeProduct: Surface Pro 6I just had to reinstall Windows and now Developer mode, Edit group policy, and other features do not seem to be part of the OS. I have followed the steps in other answers.microsoft.com questions. The options are not available. I even...
  8. New Windows 11 Pro Machine can not see option to turn on For Developer Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 11 Pro Machine can not see option to turn on For Developer Mode: Can not see option to turn on For Developer Mode.New Windows 11 Pro MachineDomain=WORKGROUPI am AdministratorI have enable in group policyany ideas?Thanks...
  9. New Windows 11 Pro Machine can not see option to turn on For Developer Mode

New Windows 11 Pro Machine can not see option to turn on For Developer Mode: Can not see option to turn on For Developer Mode.New Windows 11 Pro MachineDomain=WORKGROUPI am AdministratorI have enable in group policyany ideas?Thanks...
  10. Disable Developer mode

Disable Developer mode: Hi , I want to disable my Developer mode but i don't know its still running like this,I want sideload apps enable can you please help me with that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-developer-mode/cb1b55b6-b680-4f76-9959-10e0986e444f