Windows 10: Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL

Discus and support Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After porting Windows 10 on ARM to Lumia 950s, Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi 3, developers have now installed the OS on Google Pixel 3 XL. Developers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 10, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL

After porting Windows 10 on ARM to Lumia 950s, Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi 3, developers have now installed the OS on Google Pixel 3 XL. Developers are now working on an early implementation of Windows 10 on ARM for Google Pixel 3 XL, which uses Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 processor.

It’s another living example that Windows 10 ARM possibilities are endless. It’s worth noting that there are several issues when running Windows 10 for ARM on an unsupported device like Pixel Xl 3. For instance, due to the lack of proper drivers, various functionality, including cellular connection, WiFi, Bluetooth, sensors may not work properly.

As shared by Twitter user NTAuthority, Windows 10 for ARM is able to boot console window for now, but eventually, the developers should be able to run the OS on the smartphone.

Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL Windows-10-ARM-on-Pixel-3-XL.jpg

We can expect Windows 10 to run smoothly on Pixel 3 XL once drivers are successfully ported and various issues associated with memory regions are addressed.

Another challenge is associated with the notch of Pixel 3 XL which will hide components of Windows 10.

Although the project does sound interesting, it’s not something you can use as a daily driver. You won’t be able to install Windows 10 on your Pixel 3 XL anytime soon. But it’ll become a possibility when more members from the hacker community are involved.

The post Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 10, 2019

2. BUG 3: ringtones list disappears - Lumia 950 XL

Problem:

ringtones list disappears when the device is rotated to horizontal position and back to vertical position

Steps to reproduce this bug:

Step 1: Navigate to settings-->Personalisation-->Sounds ( Lumia 950 XL)

Step 2: click on down arrow to see list of ringtones

Step 3: preview a ringtone

Step 4: flip the device to horizontal position and back to vertical position

Sasidhardv, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL

File Explorer Crashes when attempting to browse files on Pixel XL

Hello John,

Auggy's solution doesn't appear to be applicable to my issue. The situation Auggy resolved was with a 3rd party DLL that was installed with an app. My error is being caused by PortableDeviceAPI.dll, which is a Microsoft DLL and an integral part of Windows

I think my next step is going to be replacing PortableDeviceAPI.dll on the failing PC with a known good copy from a laptop that is able to read the Pixel XL.

CSteinerAB, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL

1. Developer puts full Windows 10 on Google Pixel 3 XL - Similar Threads - Developer puts full

2. What to put as company approver for Windows Developer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to put as company approver for Windows Developer?: For now, I am a one-person business and registration asks for a company approver. Should I use myself as I am the only one in the company? Thanks in advance....
  3. What to put as company approver for Windows Developer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to put as company approver for Windows Developer?: For now, I am a one-person business and registration asks for a company approver. Should I use myself as I am the only one in the company? Thanks in advance....
  4. Signed Out Google Account in Google Pixel 6 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signed Out Google Account in Google Pixel 6 Pro: Unable to Sign in Google Account Sign out to your Account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signed-out-google-account-in-google-pixel-6-pro/c012abf8-ff4e-4537-9fc6-fcc9951e13c0
  5. Google Pixel 4a not recognized by Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Pixel 4a not recognized by Windows 11?: As you can see in my screenshot, no files associated with my phone appear when my phone is connected to my Surface Pro 8. Both devices are fully updated. What I want to do is move the music files from my phone to my PC. That's all. What do I need to do? I connected the...
  6. Google Pixel 4a not recognized by Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Pixel 4a not recognized by Windows 11?: As you can see in my screenshot, no files associated with my phone appear when my phone is connected to my Surface Pro 8. Both devices are fully updated. What I want to do is move the music files from my phone to my PC. That's all. What do I need to do? I connected the...
  7. Google pixel phone widgets

in Windows 10 Support
    Google pixel phone widgets: Havw just had an update to my Google Pixel 4XL and now I cannot delete widgets from the different screens or even move them around for that matter . Any ideas please - I have Googled this issue but what it says doesn't work. 165247
  8. Pixel 3A XL Not showing up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pixel 3A XL Not showing up on Windows 10: Hello. I'm trying to transfer files from my Pixel 3A XL to my Windows 10 Laptop but I don't see the device in File Explorer. I have been trying to resolve this for days and getting different outcomes each time. I'm beyond frustrated and hoping someone can help. - I am using...
  9. Third party developer tries to put Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch

in Windows 10 News
    Third party developer tries to put Windows 10 on Nintendo Switch: After so many months of testing and bug hunting, a group of developers recently ported full Windows 10 on ARM experience to Lumia 950 lineup. The same group of developer also managed to bring Windows 10 on ARM to Raspberry Pi 3. It looks like one of the leading developer Ben...
  10. Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big.: Hi guys, I have had this problem with Windows 10 for a while now wherein that Windows refuses to output an image at the correct scaling, insisting that it outputs at about 3 pixels bigger than my actual monitor size. This causes weird overlapping issues in my multi-monitor...