Windows 10: Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T

Discus and support Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T wasn’t an April Fools’ Day joke after all. A software developer, who also goes by the alias NTAuthority, has posted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 3, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T

Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T wasn’t an April Fools’ Day joke after all. A software developer, who also goes by the alias NTAuthority, has posted another screenshot which shows off the Windows 10’s desktop on OnePlus 6T.

A group of developers has been trying to bring Windows 10 ARM to small form factors, including the Lumia 950/XL, Google Pixel, and now the OnePlus 6T. After experimenting with Windows 10 on Pixel 3 XL, the developer has now managed to install Windows 10 on a OnePlus 6T.

The screenshot shared by developer shows off Windows 10’s desktop and Task Manager on OnePlus 6T. The developer claims that touch works well and there are no issues when interacting with Windows 10 on OnePlus. This is possible because of OnePlus 6T’s AMOLED display that uses a Synaptics touch controller.

Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T OnePlus-6T-with-Windows-10-ARM.jpg

Windows supports Synaptics already and this makes OnePlus 6T’s touch panel compatible with Windows 10 with some tweaks. The touch driver is carried from the Lumia 950 XL.

In a tweet, another developer who goes by name Ben revealed that Windows on ARM runs on generic AArch64 hardware without additional HAL extensions. Ben claims that Qualcomm hardware are more generic across platforms and this allows Windows 10 to boot on any Snapdragon device such as OnePlus 6T.

Obviously, such a project can’t replace your daily driver and it’s not something you would think of trying on your expensive OnePlus handset. It shows that with a little work here and there, Windows 10 ARM could run on any ARM device because of its versatility.

The post Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Apr 3, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T - Similar Threads - Developer successfully installs

2. Link to Windows Oneplus Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows Oneplus Windows 10: Hello,I have oneplus 8t and windows 10. recently i saw link to windows option in my settings. i enabled it but dont see apps section on my laptopDoes that feature works on windows 10?...
  3. Link to Windows Oneplus Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows Oneplus Windows 10: Hello,I have oneplus 8t and windows 10. recently i saw link to windows option in my settings. i enabled it but dont see apps section on my laptopDoes that feature works on windows 10?...
  4. Your Phone App does not show apps installed on my OnePlus 6T

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App does not show apps installed on my OnePlus 6T: Hi, I have a OnePlus 6T linked to the Your Phone app and the notification settings customized to show notifications only from certain selected apps. I have 2 whatsapp accounts on the same device using the parallel app, one personal and the other my work phone number. I...
  5. Bluetooth connection issues between my OnePlus 6T and my Dell G7 7588

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth connection issues between my OnePlus 6T and my Dell G7 7588: [ATTACH] The story goes as follows: after "pairing" my Android phone to my G7, I've only been able to see them connect for maybe 5 seconds before the connection inevitably fails. I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 and OnePlus's latest Android 10 update. Also, my phone appears...
  6. Windows 10 - can't install developer tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - can't install developer tools: Attempting to install developer mode in settings results in my system hanging/spinning at this point (below). I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  7. Here’s the clearest look at Windows 10 running on OnePlus 6t

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s the clearest look at Windows 10 running on OnePlus 6t: Windows 10 on ARM has allowed developers to fiddle with smartphones and install the unsupported desktop operating system. Last year, we saw Lumia 950 XL with Windows 10 on ARM and some developers managed to port the project to Google Pixel 3 XL that also uses Snapdragon...
  8. OnePlus 6T with Windows 10 is able to run Modern Warfare

in Windows 10 News
    OnePlus 6T with Windows 10 is able to run Modern Warfare: A developer who goes by the alias NTAuthority recently showed off a OnePlus 6T handset running Windows 10 on ARM operating system. After some tweaks to the system, Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T works without any major issues. NTAuthority has now shared more progress on this...
  9. Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T

in Windows 10 News
    Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T: After porting Windows 10 on ARM to Raspberry Pi, Nintendo Switch, a group of developers has now managed to boot the operating system on OnePlus 6T. This would obviously not make you more productive or improve the phone’s experience but it is one of the crazy hacks you can do....
  10. Successful laptop install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Successful laptop install of Windows 10: I successfully completed an upgrade install of Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L775 this evening. It took 6 hours total, including hours of watching and waiting, but everything that I've tried so far has worked. I just wanted to post this because we all curse Microsoft from...