Windows 10: Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T

Discus and support Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After porting Windows 10 on ARM to Raspberry Pi, Nintendo Switch, a group of developers has now managed to boot the operating system on OnePlus 6T.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 2, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T

After porting Windows 10 on ARM to Raspberry Pi, Nintendo Switch, a group of developers has now managed to boot the operating system on OnePlus 6T. This would obviously not make you more productive or improve the phone’s experience but it is one of the crazy hacks you can do.

The idea of running Windows 10 on ARM on a OnePlus 6T is intriguing, particularly because the operating system isn’t optimized for small screen size and mobile devices.

Back in December 2016, both Microsoft and Qualcomm worked together to bring Windows 10 to ARM CPUs such as Snapdragon chipsets. It looks in future, you’ll be able to run full Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T through an unofficial hack.

However, the painful setup won’t be worth your time, because the OS is not optimized for mobile device and you can’t really use it properly with ease.

Twitter user NTAuthority has managed to boot Windows 10 ARM64 on OnePlus 6T and apparently, the device crashed on BSOD (Blue screen of death). Interesting, the touch is working as expected because the OnePlus 6T display uses Synaptics touchscreen controller which is supported by Windows 10.

Also, core bringup! pic.twitter.com/v5cMluwMVW

— NTAuthority (@NTAuthority) April 1, 2019

With tweaks to the memory management and other parts, Windows 10 on ARM should be able to boot successfully on OnePlus 6T.

The post Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development

Source: Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development - Windows Developer Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Apr 2, 2019
  3. AMD Opteron 64-Bit ARM-Based Developer Kits Now Available

AMD today announced the immediate availability of the AMD Opteron A1100-Series developer kit, which features AMD's first 64-bit ARM-based processor, codenamed "Seattle." AMD is the first company to provide a standard ARM Cortex-A57-based server platform for software developers and integrators. Software and hardware developers as well as early adopters in large datacenters are eligible and can apply on AMD's website.

"The journey toward a more efficient infrastructure for large-scale datacenters is taking a major step forward today with broader availability of our AMD Opteron A1100-Series development kit," said Suresh Gopalakrishnan, general manager and vice president, Server business unit, AMD. "After successfully sampling to major ecosystem partners such as firmware, OS, and tools providers, we are taking the next step in what will be a collaborative effort across the industry to reimagine the datacenter based on the open business model of ARM innovation."

With this announcement, AMD becomes the only provider of 64-bit ARM server hardware with complete ARMv8 instruction set support to foster the development of the ecosystem for efficient storage, Web applications and hosting. AMD is the only provider to offer the standard ARM Cortex-A57 technology.

The AMD Opteron A1100 Series processor supports:
    • 4 and 8 ARM Cortex-A57 cores
    • Up to 4 MB of shared L2 and 8 MB of shared L3 cache
    • Configurable dual DDR3 or DDR4 memory channels with ECC at up to 1866 MT/second
    • Up to 4 SODIMM, UDIMM or RDIMMs
    • 8 lanes of PCI-Express Gen 3 I/O
    • 8 Serial ATA 3 ports
    • 2 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports
    • ARM TrustZone technology for enhanced security
    • Crypto and data compression co-processors
    The AMD Opteron A1100 development kit is packaged in a microATX form factor and includes:
    • An AMD Opteron A1100-Series processor with 4 cores
    • 2 Registered DIMM with 16 GB of DDR3 DRAM
    • PCI Express connectors configurable as a single x8 or dual x4 ports
    • 8 Serial-ATA connectors
    • Compatibility with standard power supplies
    • Standard UEFI boot environment
    • Linux environment based on Fedora technology from the Red Hat-sponsored Fedora community
    • Standard Linux GNU tool chain, including cross-development version
    • Platform device drivers
    • Apache web server, MySQL database engine, and PHP scripting language for developing robust Web serving applications
    • Java 7 and Java 8 versions to enable developers to work in a 64-bit ARM environment
    Complete developer kits are available for $2,999 USD.

Cristian_25H, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Developer tries to boot Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T - Similar Threads - Developer tries boot

2. When Is Windows WDK Expected For Arm Development

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When Is Windows WDK Expected For Arm Development: Hello World, I was wondering when the arm64 version of windows wdk is scheduled to be release because I'm on mac m2 with parallels and i need access to driver development on my mac m2. I drove myself crazy today looking for a solution, so this is my last resort PLEASE...
  3. When Is Windows WDK Expected For Arm Development

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When Is Windows WDK Expected For Arm Development: Hello World, I was wondering when the arm64 version of windows wdk is scheduled to be release because I'm on mac m2 with parallels and i need access to driver development on my mac m2. I drove myself crazy today looking for a solution, so this is my last resort PLEASE...
  4. Your Phone App does not show apps installed on my OnePlus 6T

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App does not show apps installed on my OnePlus 6T: Hi, I have a OnePlus 6T linked to the Your Phone app and the notification settings customized to show notifications only from certain selected apps. I have 2 whatsapp accounts on the same device using the parallel app, one personal and the other my work phone number. I...
  5. Bluetooth connection issues between my OnePlus 6T and my Dell G7 7588

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth connection issues between my OnePlus 6T and my Dell G7 7588: [ATTACH] The story goes as follows: after "pairing" my Android phone to my G7, I've only been able to see them connect for maybe 5 seconds before the connection inevitably fails. I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 and OnePlus's latest Android 10 update. Also, my phone appears...
  6. Here’s the clearest look at Windows 10 running on OnePlus 6t

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s the clearest look at Windows 10 running on OnePlus 6t: Windows 10 on ARM has allowed developers to fiddle with smartphones and install the unsupported desktop operating system. Last year, we saw Lumia 950 XL with Windows 10 on ARM and some developers managed to port the project to Google Pixel 3 XL that also uses Snapdragon...
  7. OnePlus 6T with Windows 10 is able to run Modern Warfare

in Windows 10 News
    OnePlus 6T with Windows 10 is able to run Modern Warfare: A developer who goes by the alias NTAuthority recently showed off a OnePlus 6T handset running Windows 10 on ARM operating system. After some tweaks to the system, Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T works without any major issues. NTAuthority has now shared more progress on this...
  8. Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T

in Windows 10 News
    Developer successfully installs Windows 10 on OnePlus 6T: Windows 10 ARM on OnePlus 6T wasn’t an April Fools’ Day joke after all. A software developer, who also goes by the alias NTAuthority, has posted another screenshot which shows off the Windows 10’s desktop on OnePlus 6T. A group of developers has been trying to bring Windows...
  9. Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development

in Windows 10 News
    Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development: Today is an exciting day for Windows 10 on ARM. With the official release of Visual Studio 15.9, developers now have the officially supported SDK and tools for creating 64-bit ARM (ARM64) apps. In addition, the Microsoft Store is now officially accepting submissions for apps...
  10. Visual Studio support for Windows 10 on ARM development

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio support for Windows 10 on ARM development: Today, we are pleased to announce that Visual Studio 15.8 Preview 1 contains an early preview of the SDK and tools to allow you to create your own 64-bit ARM (ARM64) apps. These tools answer the requests of many eager developers, and the development made possible with these...