Windows 10: Device and drive backup window

Discus and support Device and drive backup window in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my question here is 1. Does file history backup also include our operating system? 2. If I want to backup my entire pc using file history,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mar02_, Jan 18, 2021.

1. mar02_ Win User

Device and drive backup window

Hi, my question here is

1. Does file history backup also include our operating system?

2. If I want to backup my entire pc using file history, should I provided one usb drive to save my window OS and an external drive for my file history?

:)

mar02_, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jan 18, 2021
  3. backup drive not recognized

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the external backup is not being recognized. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check for status.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Device and drive backup window

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Device and drive backup window

1. Device and drive backup window - Similar Threads - Device drive backup

2. Seagate Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  3. Device and drive backup

Device and drive backup: My issue is that I want to backup my entire pc before cloning it to a new drive ssd. I found out there were two types of backupincremental and full. 1. I was wondering if I wanted to backup my hard drive on my pc.. i heard some says I should do a full backup first and then...
  4. Backup of multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup of multiple drives: Backup seems to only be backing up the C: drive. I have 2 other external hard drives as well as an additions internal drive I would like to back up. How can I setup the backup facility to cover drives D: K: L: ?...
  5. Backup drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup drives: Can one backup drive be used for multiple computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-drives/8b93a2a0-58a9-4a9a-b0a5-f57bc953eafe"
  6. Windows backup device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup device: Can I use windows backup device for further file transfer? I am thinking to buy an external hard drive of 500gb or 1TB and I have windows 10 system and file backup to be 200gb or more. If after backup some space remains, can I use that space to save other files and transfer...
  7. Backup Drive/Bluetooth Device

Backup Drive/Bluetooth Device: After updating, it is requiring me to backup on an external drive. The drive that it used to be going to is still there but i can't seem to use it anymore. I am therefore using a usb external drive but it must be connected at all times. What happened? Also, I can't seem to...
  8. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  9. Backup Add a drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Add a drive: Jan. 3rd 2016 I have a 931 GB external HDD using a brick power supply and connected by USB. I wish to do weekly backups to it via Start/Settings/Update & Security/Backup. How can I use it please? It is not listed when I click Add a drive, although I can see and read it...
  10. Windows Backup not seeing drives...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Backup not seeing drives...: My HP X 360 Envy has an SD drive for C: (boot drive); and a 1TB D: drive (split into 2 drives, one being a Recovery, not visible). I went into Windows Settings, and selected Backup, then clicked on Add Drive, wanting in this instance to backup the D: Drive to a server in...