Windows 10: Device Association Driver Service

Discus and support Device Association Driver Service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to know what "device"s, and in what "association" consists in practice, and for what purpose(s). 1909 159038 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thename, Jun 20, 2020.

1. thename Win User

Device Association Driver Service

I would like to know what "device"s, and in what "association" consists in practice, and for what purpose(s).

:)

thename, Jun 20, 2020
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jun 20, 2020
  3. How can I find out what is triggering Device Association Service?

I solved the problem! *Smile

Basically, I have identified the cause of what was triggering the Device Association Service to start-up on Windows. Xbox One Controller preventing monitor from going to standby mode! Recently I have identified that the newest March 2019 Xbox One Drivers was causing my PDP Afterglow Xbox One Controller to not go on standby.

Uninstalling the latest drivers and installing the official PDP drivers dated 2014 from Xbox One - Afterglow Wired Controller – PDP Europe Support fixed my monitor and it is now going to standby mode when setting power option for monitor to sleep.

The trouble is that in doing so, Windows was interpreting those drivers as outdated causing this recent Device Association Service to start-up even when the service was set to Manual.

Here's how I solved the problem. Since I knew this is the only hardware/driver change I made recently. I decided to experiment by making sure I disabled the Afterglow Controller device from Device Manager as this was my first suspicion.

After restarting the PC I noticed that Device Association Service stopped starting up by itself! I was also getting Device Setup Manager - "Enables the detection, download and installation of device-related software. If this service is disabled, devices may be configured with outdated software, and may not work correctly."

I re-enabled Windows Update service as I had it disabled using Windows Update Blocker. After that I simply re-enabled the device back on again. Made a PC restart and like magic Device Association Service and Device Setup Manager stopped being triggered to start on again.

After doing that I used Windows Update Blocker tool and then disabled Windows Update and the Task Schedulers relating to it and Update Orchestrator service again. Now Windows is satisfied that all drivers are up to date and is no longer triggering Device Association Service and Device Setup Manager to start up anymore.

The bottom line is once you update the drivers Windows Update should first be enabled so it is convinced that the drivers are up to date and after that you can safely disable it again.

BLaZiNgSPEED, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Other devices drivers.

The devices listed under 'Other devices ' are associated with messaging & SMS services on a mobile phone.

Have you / have you had a mobile phone connected to this PC device?

If you do not have a mobile phone connected or use the PC device with mobile phone, these devices can be safely removed.

Otherwise seek drivers via the mobile phone manufacturer.

Shilohbob, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Device Association Driver Service - Similar Threads - Device Association Driver

2. Service Host: Device Association Service Causing RAM usage spike

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Device Association Service Causing RAM usage spike: In reference to this question here, I have more information to add to it. Yes, the question is from a few years back, but I had come across this a few times recently with customers that I work with.In my customer's case, it was not causing CPU usage spikes, but more RAM usage...
  3. Service Host: Device Association Service Causing RAM usage spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Device Association Service Causing RAM usage spike: In reference to this question here, I have more information to add to it. Yes, the question is from a few years back, but I had come across this a few times recently with customers that I work with.In my customer's case, it was not causing CPU usage spikes, but more RAM usage...
  4. Service Host: Device Association Service Causing RAM usage spike

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Device association service issues and bluetooth in quick access not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device association service issues and bluetooth in quick access not working: Hi so I have been having weird issues with my windows 11.First and foremost, the bluetooth button in the quick access is always turned off. Even when clicking it, it never turns on. If I try turning on bluetooth like this it freezes the entire quick action popup and I can no...
  6. Device association service issues and bluetooth in quick access not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device association service issues and bluetooth in quick access not working: Hi so I have been having weird issues with my windows 11.First and foremost, the bluetooth button in the quick access is always turned off. Even when clicking it, it never turns on. If I try turning on bluetooth like this it freezes the entire quick action popup and I can no...
  7. Cannot find Device Association Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find Device Association Service: Hi, I was trying to add a Bluetooth device to my laptop but the dialog immediately crashes after selecting the type of device. The same is true when I try to add printers as well. After doing some searching, I saw that enabling the Device Association Service fixed the issue....
  8. Service Host: Devise Association Service

Service Host: Devise Association Service: Hello, My laptop Dell XPS 13 currently gets heated up due to Service Host: Devise Association Service constantly consuming >25% of my CPU, and north of 6/7K MB of RAM. I've read numerous threads and can't find anything/anyone that can fix it. I've run all updates for...
  9. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware: Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time...
  10. Device Association Service takes up 20% CPU

Device Association Service takes up 20% CPU: My PC just started acting weird, so I checked task manager. I scrolled down until I saw Device Association Service taking up 15-25% of my CPU. It is making my PC very slow. How do I fix this?...