Windows 10: Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

Discus and support Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ken Igaki, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Ken Igaki Win User

Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it.

It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time I start up the computer, and 50% of my CPU on this one, until I forcefully terminate the process.

On both devices it installed itself 2000 - 13000 times one for each port of which I was able to uninstall them all using third party software. However even after removing all of them, Device Association Service is still going haywire. Windows Malware Detector cannot detect this virus. I have blocked the IP of this device using Windows Firewall and forcing the owner to get rid of this infected android streaming box is not an option as they won't listen to reason.

Is there any way I can find out what procedures Device Association Service is being forced to run and how to prevent it from doing so? I've disabled bluetooth, and uninstalled any suspicious looking devices in device manager, especially those that have been hidden.

:)

Ken Igaki, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

Read more: This cryptocurrency mining malware now disables security software to help remain undetected | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Cryptocurrency mining malware disables security to remain undetected

Read more: This cryptocurrency mining malware now disables security software to help remain undetected | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 2, 2020
  4. R-T-B Win User

Manufacturers embed malware in their smartphones

There is an important distinction there. Adware != malware.

R-T-B, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware - Similar Threads - Device Association Service

2. malware affected my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware affected my laptop: I was trying to download a third party software and some malware infected my device I can't seem to get rid of it.I try to delete it, it says I need permission from trustedinstaller to delete. What do I do? Also, my virus and threat protection settings are all restricted and...
  3. malware affected my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malware affected my laptop: I was trying to download a third party software and some malware infected my device I can't seem to get rid of it.I try to delete it, it says I need permission from trustedinstaller to delete. What do I do? Also, my virus and threat protection settings are all restricted and...
  4. malware affected my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files w/ suspicious names undetected by malware scan?: I was doing a malware scan on my laptop and found files named the...
  6. Cannot find Device Association Service

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find Device Association Service: Hi, I was trying to add a Bluetooth device to my laptop but the dialog immediately crashes after selecting the type of device. The same is true when I try to add printers as well. After doing some searching, I saw that enabling the Device Association Service fixed the issue....
  7. Audio Devices completely undetected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Devices completely undetected: I recently got a new graphics card and installed new drivers for it. Upon doing so suddenly all devices that used an audio jack have gone completely undetected by my pc. Additionally, my monitor’s speakers are also going undetected. The only audio device I can get to work is...
  8. Device Association Driver Service

Device Association Driver Service: I would like to know what "device"s, and in what "association" consists in practice, and for what purpose(s). 1909 159038
  9. Affected by a malware/ ransomware .mado

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Affected by a malware/ ransomware .mado: As my brother’s pc is infected by a malware or ransomware which has created an extension .mado after all the files i’m talking 5TB files which is my brothers work from past 12 years now its of mo use untill unless someone finds a solution to it, as i was going trough some...
  10. USB devices undetected.

USB devices undetected.: Ok im sure you guys have read this a hundred times, usb devices not being detected, well here is my dilemma. All my usb storage devices which some are old and some new work perfectly fine, my old camera from 2009 with usb connector works perfectly fine, my old 2009 mobile...