Windows 10: Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s

Discus and support Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - I am trying to configure some settings on my new laptop e.g. microphone set-up, but I keep getting a pop up stating I do not have administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanBailey3, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s

Hi - I am trying to configure some settings on my new laptop e.g. microphone set-up, but I keep getting a pop up stating I do not have administrator rights even though it is my device and I set it up.

Having searched the internet I am none the wiser as I cannot do a Command Prompt or other approaches; can somebody please help?

Do i need to unlock the Windows 10s to the Windows 10 in order to sort this out?

Thanks

:)

AlanBailey3, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows10 think my local user admin as Built-in Administrator. App can't be openen using the built-in administrator account

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Can't Open Built In Apps Using The Administrator Account WITH WINDOWS 10 HOME

Hello Leon,

As you are unable to access built-in application this issue might have because of enabling built-in administrator account.

Do let us know if the issue specific only with Alarms & Clock app?

I suggest you to do the following to disable the built-in administrator account:

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

Command Prompt

Also, I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

Command Prompt
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Arul_D, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s

1. Device Built in Administrator Windows 10s - Similar Threads - Device Built Administrator

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  4. Built-in administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built-in administrator: Hi microsoft team , Recently an update failed to install on my hp laptop which has windows 10 home edition and now whenever I open any app it just shows THIS APP CAN"T OPEN Microsoft edge can't be opened using the built in administrator account Please help me with this...
  5. Built in administrator in Windows server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Built in administrator in Windows server: I created a user in Windows server and i added that user to the Administrators group . But it lacks few privilege than Built in administrator. From few work i had done , i came to know that the reason is UAC enabled in my system. But I am not supposed to disable UAC in my...
  6. Built-In Administrator not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Administrator not working: I was trying to change my Window's account user name and the folder's name in C:\users\ and one of the steps was to create a built-in administrator, which I did and it worked perfectly. net user Administrator /active:yes I then de-activated it. and when i tried to activate...
  7. Built-In Administrator not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Built-In Administrator not working: I was trying to change my Window's account user name and the folder's name in C:\users\ and one of the steps was to create a built-in administrator, which I did and it worked perfectly. net user Administrator /active:yes I then de-activated it. and when i tried to activate...
  8. UAC / Built-in administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC / Built-in administrator: Hi, (1) when I try to uninstall a program using control panel, UAC show 'to continue, enter an admin user name and password'. Where can I input the user name and password? (2) My login account is user. It seems that there is no active account with administrative privileges....
  9. Built in Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Administrator: Help running Windows 10, and I am stuck in the Built in Administrator log-in. It started when I was tring to disable the log-in password for my account in Windows. I can not log-in to my user's account and do not see my profile. I have went the Users Account page in the...
  10. Remove built in administrator media device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove built in administrator media device: An IT person activiated my built in administrator account to do something and then deactivated it. Now the windows media device for the administrator account shows up on my network (including smart TV) and i cannot remove it. Any ideas on how to remove the built in...