Windows 10: Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed]

Discus and support Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Updates ensure you’re always running the most recent security patches on your PC. When these updates are released for Windows OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 25, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed]

Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed] Device-cannot-access-Windows-Update-files.png
    Windows Updates ensure you’re always running the most recent security patches on your PC. When these updates are released for Windows OS especially if the Security update fails to apply on your device, it becomes a PC security concern. In this post, we tackle the issue where your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer cannot […]

This article Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 25, 2022
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Rufus 2.18, last update to support Windows XP and Vista

SEE HERE: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

Changelog
    • Version 2.18 (2017.11.07)
      • Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
      • Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
      • Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
      • Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
      • Fix propagation of image decompression errors
      • Update grub4dos to latest
      RUFUS 2.18 IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA.
      FUTURE RELEASES WILL NO LONGER BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS!

jsfitz54, May 25, 2022
  3. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, May 25, 2022
  4. Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed]

Issues with accessing playback devices after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Vohn,

As you are facing issues with accessing the playback device option on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed]

1. Device cannot access Windows Update files [Fixed] - Similar Threads - Device cannot access

2. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello,a few days ago I started having the following problem: when I try to open a video in the, for example, Splash Lite, i get the message that "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, etc." However, when I try to open the same file in Windows Media...
  3. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. ....: Hi,I'm receiving this on restart, after latest Windows Update. Please advise.Thanks!Regards,Harel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-access-the-specified-device-path-or/5e58ce4e-8538-4000-af10-c8bd19c8c2a1
  4. please help me fix Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    please help me fix Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File: i'm so frustrated, im trying to run or open files or games, and i cant run or open them because im constantly getting the error message Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File and its so frustrating, for example, i just spend a day and a half downloading GTA...
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.: Whenever I uninstall and redownload an application, I get the same error, 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have appropriate permissions to access this item'' It's not a permission error, I checked permissions in properties and all that,...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.: Hello everyone, I have a peculiar issue I need help with. I have an application installed for a department with Windows 10 PCs. After the installation, when I try to run the application, I get the error"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may...
  7. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.: I keep on getting the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file." error, and it's not just for one specific file, every time I download an application I get this error, and it's not a permission issue, I checked properties and permissions were just fine, I've...
  8. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.......: [ATTACH] I am running my Dell notebook with Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.535 I have run the text of this alert in Chrome and followed the suggestions, even though the info is for Win 7. I have checked the permissions under properties, security and do not see my name under...
  9. Fix MSDT.exe error – Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file

in Windows 10 News
    Fix MSDT.exe error – Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we provide the solution to the error message Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file, You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item, which you may encounter when you try to run [...] This post Fix MSDT.exe...
  10. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hello. Just installed Win10. I'm having trouble both opening and renaming/changing some files. I had no trouble before on win8. I am administrator with elevated previliges. I changed UAC level to the lowest. I keep getting this error: "Windows cannot access the...