Windows 10: Device Census

Discus and support Device Census in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does Device Census want to access my webcam......?????? Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BurtieBoy, Nov 5, 2018.

1. BurtieBoy Win User

Device Census

Why does Device Census want to access my webcam......??????

Thanks

:)

BurtieBoy, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Device Census

Hi Roy,

We understand your concern regarding Device Census. DeviceCensus.exe is part of Microsoft Windows Operating System, and it is an important part of it. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• When did you start noticing this behavior?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the number of DeviceCensus.exe increase only when you're playing games?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to prevent this from happening?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Device Census is Using Webcam

Hi katie,

Thank you for providing us an input regarding this issue.

Device census is just a part of multiple processes that collect information about usage or errors and reports it back to Microsoft.

To disable the data collection, disable the scheduled tasks that triggers those processes.

Follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key and type Task Scheduler.
    • Expand Task Scheduler Library folder tree to /Microsoft/Windows/Device Information/
    • Right-click on "Device" task and click on Disable.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Israel Arn, Nov 7, 2018
  4. MBS-DW Win User

Device Census

Device Census

Why does device census need to access the web cam?

MBS-DW, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Device Census

1. Device Census - Similar Threads - Device Census

2. What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]In recent days some Windows 10 users reported a never-before-seen executable file on their PC named Device Census (devicecensus.exe). Some users are worried thinking if […] This article What is the Device Census (devicecensus.exe) file in Windows 10? first appeared...
  3. What is Device Census - I do not have a camera!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is Device Census - I do not have a camera!: What is Device Census - I do not have a camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-device-census-i-do-not-have-a-camera/6ae907ef-38c0-400a-92b7-4754343bf5cc
  4. What is Device Census in Windows 10? When antivirus program always alerts to this "program"

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is Device Census in Windows 10? When antivirus program always alerts to this "program": What is Device Census in Windows 10 and why does it always trigger a response from my antivirus program asking if I want to run it or not?...
  5. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!: Firstly, NO process should be able to view from a Webcam or listen from a Mic without specific. clear PRIOR PERMISSION. I do not need to be having my privacy disturbed by uninvited people or staff from Microsoft!! Secondly, I am feeling insecure from this Device Census! I...
  6. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!: Firstly, NO process should be able to view from a Webcam or listen from a Mic without specific. clear PRIOR PERMISSION. I do not need to be having my privacy disturbed by uninvited people or staff from Microsoft!! Secondly, I am feeling insecure from this Device Census! I...
  7. Receiving Device Census notice every morning

Receiving Device Census notice every morning: Every morning when I open my laptop I have a security notice about Device Census. I tell it to block it. I don't want my webcam being used. It seems that if I block it, I should not get this notice every day. What is this about. Thank you....
  8. Device Census is using webcam

Device Census is using webcam: These replies have not been helpful. How can Microsoft justify using the webcam on MY laptop without my SPECIFIC approval. What an invasion of my privacy. Is this not arrogance on the part of Microsift? Have I misunderstood? If so, I am willing to apoligise for my ignorance....
  9. Device Census Stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Census Stopped working: On Thursday, July 12 2018 I updated Windows 10 to Version 1803, Os build 17134.165. Since then, every time I turn on my computer I get an application failure in Reliability Monitor: Device Census Stopped working. It's always the same : Description Faulting Application Path:...
  10. Device Census

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Census: Why is my device census has stopped working ando how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/device-census/b52ac796-dec9-48e8-b2a0-4b47026d9b48