Windows 10: Device configurations back to default after restart.

Discus and support Device configurations back to default after restart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there.. I was having problems with my device manager lately... I've figured out that if I disable a device or configure power management in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FuadAfroz, Sep 22, 2020.

1. FuadAfroz Win User

Device configurations back to default after restart.

Hello there..

I was having problems with my device manager lately...

I've figured out that if I disable a device or configure power management in the device properties, after a restart, it reverts back...

For example the disabled device gets enabled again, the unchecked box gets checked again...

Any fix to this...

And yeah...

There is one more problem ,

there is no ports in device manager...

any fix for this...

pls reply...

:)

FuadAfroz, Sep 22, 2020

2. Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Sep 22, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Device configurations back to default after restart. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Device configurations back to default after restart. - Similar Threads - Device configurations default

2. Bring back MIDI default device setting please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back MIDI default device setting please!: As you know, more and more people are listening to retro game midi music in recent years. I own Roland SC8850/88Pro, Yamaha TG300/MU90 etc. I recorded some midi music videos, have a listen:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd46E32u50I don’t know why Microsoft killed it? Isn’t...
  3. Bring back MIDI default device setting please!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back MIDI default device setting please!: As you know, more and more people are listening to retro game midi music in recent years. I own Roland SC8850/88Pro, Yamaha TG300/MU90 etc. I recorded some midi music videos, have a listen:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd46E32u50I don’t know why Microsoft killed it? Isn’t...
  4. Is there a way to change default channels configuration in audio devices?

Is there a way to change default channels configuration in audio devices?: When I click configure button, I can choose between stereo and 5.1 options. I want to use it in stereo. But it always resets to 5.1 after reboot, so I have to open this menu after every reboot.Is there a way to save it permanently to stereo, or to change the defaults, or to...
  5. Changed folder icon turn back to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed folder icon turn back to default after restarting: I'm trying to change several folder icons. I follow the procedure Properties/Customize/Change Icon etc, everything seems to work fine, but after restarting the PC the icons I changed are back to the default ones.Some help please. ThanksRuggero...
  6. Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.: I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time....
  7. Computer resets to default after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer resets to default after restart: Every time I turn on my computer I log in and find out that my wallpaper, pins, desktop, and other settings reset to defaults. It's really annoying and I don't know how to fix it, can anybody help? submitted by /u/Hamburger_____ [link] [comments]...
  8. Performance - after restart goes back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance - after restart goes back: Before I smash my pc to pices can someone explain to me how to save performance settings with standard user on Win 10 home. I was admin for months, then I decided to create new admin account and to change my Microsoft account to standard. Today I was playing with...
  9. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again....
  10. Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on 0% configuration after restart: After downloading the latest windows 10 update I restart & update as requested. It goes to the configuring updates, don't turn off computer, but is stuck at 0% for a couple of hours. In the end I have to turn off the computer to be able to use it again. I've never had this...