Windows 10: Device Connect noise is playing non-stop!

Discus and support Device Connect noise is playing non-stop! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was just sitting here watching a live stream when the Device Connect noise happened... then 5 seconds later happened again, then 15 seconds later...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris Phoenix, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Device Connect noise is playing non-stop!

I was just sitting here watching a live stream when the Device Connect noise happened... then 5 seconds later happened again, then 15 seconds later... and it would go on like that at various intervals until I started opening Event Viewer and Device Manger trying to figure out what was happening, then suddenly it ramped up to every 2 seconds, and continued like that non-stop. So of course I searched online and found some suggestions that initially seemed to work. I thought it was an "Unknown USB Device" under USB Controllers Device Manager, so I disabled, them. It stopped it for a few minute

:)

Chris Phoenix, Jun 10, 2021

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 10, 2021
  3. gelund Win User
    Groove stops playing abruptly

Groove occasionally stops playing a few seconds into a song when I double click a new track in Windows Explorer and an existing track is already playing.

Steps to reproduce

• Open the Music folder
    • Double-click a track
    • With the track still playing, select a different track from Windows Explorer
    • Repeat a few times letting the track play for a few seconds before selecting another
    • On occasion Groove will stop playing a track that has already started

gelund, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Device Connect noise is playing non-stop!

Dualshock 4 speaker making horrible static/buzzing noise when connected via bluetooth

I've been using my dualshock 4 controller to play some games via micro usb with no problems. I decided that I'd rather play with bluetooth connection instead due to wires tethering me to my computer. I bought a bluetooth 4.0 dongle and managed to connect
    it with no troubles. My computer detects it and I am able to use it to play games as if it were still connected via usb.

The problem I am facing now is that there is a horrible static/buzzing noise coming from the controller's built in speaker that fluctuates when using it. All of the forums and such that I have seen suggest turning the controller volume down, however no such
    option is available on pc. There is no static noise when connected by usb.

The strange part is that sometimes when I click down the L3 button (left analogue stick) the buzzing will stop. It will either continue when I let go, or stop briefly and then continue once I start using it again. It also stops when I plug my headphones
    into the headphone jack on the bottom of the controller.

I have tried using the built in reset button on the controller, restarting my pc, using the suggested program 'DS4' as well as not using it, and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the controller.

The controller works fine when connected, but how do I stop the buzzing noise as it is awful to listen to.

ThomasStimpson, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Device Connect noise is playing non-stop!

1. Device Connect noise is playing non-stop! - Similar Threads - Device Connect noise

2. Non-Stop BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-Stop BSOD: All day today my Microsoft Surface Laptop has blue screened with different error codes see below. My computer shows it has the latest update as well as latest drivers. Nothing has been installed recently, however some security definitions have been installed everyday the last...
  3. CTD non stopping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTD non stopping: Hello everyone!I hope y'all are doing great.I've had so many issues since I built my pc expecting to get a better performance, experience, etc... However it's been a pain in my back for a long time.My games and different apps, keep crashing for no reason.I check the event...
  4. CTD non stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTD non stopping: Hello everyone!I hope y'all are doing great.I've had so many issues since I built my pc expecting to get a better performance, experience, etc... However it's been a pain in my back for a long time.My games and different apps, keep crashing for no reason.I check the event...
  5. Non stop BSoD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non stop BSoD: Whenever I bootup my pc, and wait for 3-4 mins, it BSoD error, it says Memory Management.. idk what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-stop-bsod/9b95857a-1503-4822-a9f8-feb9a40d3599
  6. Static noise playing when sound is played

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Static noise playing when sound is played: For a while now, whenever I plug headphones in my Alienware laptop's headphone jack, my headphones will randomly start playing static noise whenever I play any audio. When the audio stops being played completely the static just stops and I hear a popping sound. When I plug in...
  7. Headsets not appearing as a device at all and not playing noise to my ears on pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headsets not appearing as a device at all and not playing noise to my ears on pc.: None of my headsets are working on my pc as i only have the option to use my monitor as a output device instead of my headset as well as this i do not have the choice for an input device as it says there are none....
  8. Non-existent USB device is 'connected' ever 3 seconds, won't stop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-existent USB device is 'connected' ever 3 seconds, won't stop: Windows is giving me an issue with a USB device being 'connected' and 'disconnected' every 3 seconds or so, making the annoying 'bee-diddle-dee' sound every time. At first I thought I had a failing device or something, but after unplugging every single USB device and any...
  9. Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Customization
    Playing connection sound when bluetooth device connects: Hi community Was reaching out to see if there was a way to add a sound when a bluetooth device ie controller connects / disconnects to windows. Basically looking for the same functionality when a usb device connects or disconnects. Looked through control panel sounds,...
  10. Device manager: nonexistent entry "Non Plug-and-Play Drivers"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager: nonexistent entry "Non Plug-and-Play Drivers": Hello community, my device manager lacks the entry "Non Plug-and-Play Drivers" when I display hidden devices. I'm using Windows 10 1709. I'm trying to find "Beep" in order to activate the mainboard speaker. The speaker works when the system starts. Any clue? Thanks,...