Windows 10: Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

Discus and support Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound. I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kobib, Aug 9, 2018.

1. kobib Win User

Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

Hi

Since i clean installed a windows 10 on my laptop , every time that the pc come up from sleep i hear a single Device connect sound.
    I can't find what hardware change causing it.
    1. I updated all the drivers and checked the power management options
    • Dispaly drivers to both graphic cards
    • Network Lan and Wireless adapters
    • All Usb Adapters

2. run sfs scan
    3. watched with usbdeview program for changes
    4. scanned the event log

still a can't figure out what causing the connect sound.

2 things that i notice on wake up:
    1. sometimes the screen stays black for 1,2 seconds more then usual
    2. the clock and date on the taskbar appears later then other icons

I am fighting with that for almost a week , please if anyone have another ideas what to do besides turning off the DevideConnect sound

:)

kobib, Aug 9, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep

1. Device Connect Sound when wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Device Connect Sound

2. BSOD when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  3. No sound after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after waking up from sleep: I just clean installed my windows 10, and I have been dealing with this issue with the sound on both my monitor with built in speakers would be gone after waking up from sleep mode. To be clear: I have 2 monitors with built in speakers, one connected to my hdmi and another...
  4. Sound problems after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound problems after waking up from sleep: After last update, there is a problem with my workspace, after waking up from sleep, there is no sound and when I put headphones, there is a constant annoying loud pinping. Even disabling/reinstalling drivers doesn't help. Only restarting, and after sleep it goes again......
  5. Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play sound when computer sleeps and wakes up?: Is there a way to have a sound play just before my computer goes to sleep, and again right after it wakes up? submitted by /u/chickenmatt5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gmi956/play_sound_when_computer_sleeps_and_wakes_up/
  6. do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power

in Windows 10 Support
    do NOT wake up laptop from sleep when connecting to power: I want to stop the computer to wake up from sleep mode when connecting it to power outlet. My laptop is a lenovo thinkpad yoga 3rd generation with latest windows update and drivers from lenovo website. Windows version 1909 os build 18363.778 From bios the option to wake up...
  7. Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto Wakes From Sleep / USB Connection Sound: I think these issues are connected. For one, when I restart my computer (sometimes) there is the sound W10 makes when you connect or disconnect a USB device. It happens over and over. I stop it by either letting it go and it tires itself out or disconnecting and...
  8. sound disappears or does not resume when unlocking device or waking up from sleep mode or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound disappears or does not resume when unlocking device or waking up from sleep mode or...: I have seen this issue on edge, chrome, and firefox. current device is a surface pro 3 4gb ram 128 gb running the latest version of windows 10 (I am not in beta or insider for anything). for some unknown reason, the sound has disappeared when trying to resume a video on...
  9. No Sound on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound on Wake from Sleep: I'm using an ASUS Xonar DSX sound card running the latest UNi Xonar driver. Whenever I wake my computer up from sleep, I don't get any sound from my speakers until I change the Analog Out destination in the Xonar DSX Audio Center application. My sound works perfectly...
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spectre device connect sound when wake up