Windows 10: Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds

Discus and support Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very annoying thing that seems to have popped up in the last 2 days or so. I installed Win 10 on my custom built computer about a week ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mazate, Dec 14, 2015.

1. mazate Win User

Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds

I have a very annoying thing that seems to have popped up in the last 2 days or so. I installed Win 10 on my custom built computer about a week ago and it has been working just fine. Then about two days ago I started getting the sound that it makes when you connect a USB drive to the port or some other device. It goes non-stop, sounding off every 15-20 seconds. I checked my device manager and nothing is changing there. There is something that pops up in the tray in the lower right but it disappears so fast that I can't see what it is. I have no idea what is causing this but it's driving me crazy. If anyone else knows what might be causing this, I would be most interested in hearing how to resolve it.

EDIT: resolved. I had a usb hard drive hooked up in back that I didn't know was connected.

:)

mazate, Dec 14, 2015

2. recent update to 365

today my desktop started refreshing about every 15-20 seconds?

John Stanbery, Dec 14, 2015
  3. PBhowmik Win User
    Please suggest a beepfree/beepless call recorder for my nokia 808 (Belle FP2)

Friend i did tried boldbeast but after every 15 seconds beep is being heard Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds :). Please suggest any alternative..

PBhowmik, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds

1. Device connection sound is heard every 15-20 seconds - Similar Threads - Device connection sound

2. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  3. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  4. Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!: Hello Everyone, i just bought a brand new laptop from amazon Gigabyte Aero 5 XE4 to be precise.my PC specs are core i7 12th gen 12700H, 16gb DDR4, 1TB SSD, 4k Display HDR, Nvidia RTX 3070tiit came with windows 11, before I even start using the laptop i noticed a little...
  5. Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!

Brand New Laptop with Windows Freezing/Hiccups/Stutters every 15 or 20 seconds on Idle !!!: Hello Everyone, i just bought a brand new laptop from amazon Gigabyte Aero 5 XE4 to be precise.my PC specs are core i7 12th gen 12700H, 16gb DDR4, 1TB SSD, 4k Display HDR, Nvidia RTX 3070tiit came with windows 11, before I even start using the laptop i noticed a little...
  6. Double beep every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  7. Double beep every 15 seconds

Double beep every 15 seconds: This morning after a seemingly normal system boot up, I am getting a double beep of the kind we get when an additional USB device is plugged in. It keeps repeating every approximately 15 seconds and is driving me nuts. I have gone through the device list check for driver...
  8. Malwarebytes makes Welcome screen to 15-20 seconds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes makes Welcome screen to 15-20 seconds: As title says if i enable start with windows in malwarebytes , welcome screen after password imput will take like 10-20 seconds where usualy takes 1-5. I haven't found any workarounds yet , but definitely after disabling it from start up everything goes back to normal . The...
  9. AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so: Since installing Windows 10 I've been bothered by "Device Disconnected" sounds about every 10 seconds or so. I just turned off the sound until I could investigate further. I found that the AES2501B fingerprint reader device is the culprit as disabling it stopped the...
  10. Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly, BSOD every 15-20 minutes: As the title suggests, my PC has been running fine, up until last night, playing Fallout 4, suddenly BSOD. Today, I turn it back on, and it crashes booting, then crashes over and over every 15-20 minutes, giving me many different types of errors, including page file,...