Windows 10: DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI

Discus and support DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cannot see 1T Seagate GoFlex Home wireless hard drive on file explorer. does not show up in Network. Memeo Backup finds the 3 drives (x Public, Y... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisway2, Oct 5, 2018.

1. chrisway2 Win User

DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI

cannot see 1T Seagate GoFlex Home wireless hard drive on file explorer. does not show up in Network. Memeo Backup finds the 3 drives (x Public, Y personal & z Backup) when I connect via the internet. I did manage to get them to register in Network once and then dragged Documents to Private. All of those files are in the y drive when viewed online. Hard drive is connected via ethernet cable directly to a 5g modem and router. Hard drive light shows stable connection but does not show on Lenovo Yoga Win 10 nor an older Lenovo Win8. Thx.

:)

chrisway2, Oct 5, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 8, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Oct 8, 2018
  4. DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI

1. DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI - Similar Threads - DEVICE CONNECTION VIA

2. Samsung M2020 will not connect via Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung M2020 will not connect via Wifi: I have tried installing new drivers, easy install, HP printer diagnostic, and both shut down halfway through the install process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-m2020-will-not-connect-via-wifi/15bd006a-152a-4d23-989e-57d4f5d38ae8
  3. How to connect to hololens via Wifi ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to hololens via Wifi ?: Cannot turn on "Device Portal" in Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS build 19045.2604. I can turn on developer mode and device discovery. Also I installed app in Hololens from my system via remote connection. But I cannot connect to my Hololens from my browser using its IP. Its...
  4. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  5. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  6. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE CONNECTION VIA WIFI: cannot see 1T Seagate GoFlex Home wireless hard drive on file explorer. does not show up in Network. Memeo Backup finds the 3 drives (x Public, Y personal & z Backup) when I connect via the internet. I did manage to get them to register in Network once and then dragged...
  8. can't connect via wifi

can't connect via wifi: My laptop just doesn't show me the wireless connections icon anymore but it does connect with a cable. Any ideas how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-connect-via-wifi/6a0668bc-753a-44eb-96aa-9ffa7cc22e9a
  9. PPPoe connection via Wifi

PPPoe connection via Wifi: My laptop only has a Wifi network connection. Should Windows 10 allow me to be able to establish a PPPoE connection? (I am trying to connect to a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A running in bridge mode.) 114118
  10. No internet connection via wifi or ethernet

No internet connection via wifi or ethernet: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...