Windows 10: Device Descriptor Request Failed

Discus and support Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bluetooth stopped working for me as I was setting a bluetooth controller up, so I checked device manager and found no bluetooth driver, and in the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlueChicken18846, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Bluetooth stopped working for me as I was setting a bluetooth controller up, so I checked device manager and found no bluetooth driver, and in the USB section of device manager I found a device with the name "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). At first i unplugged all my usb devices and rebooted, but nothing changed. I then tried pressing "uninstall" in device manager and rebooting, still nothing changed. I went back to a restore point from before I got the error and it still didn't fix. I ended up formatting my SSD and HDD and the error still persists. I'm thinking it's a hardware failure. Could I have some help solving this issue?

My PC specs are

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU: Nvidia 2070 RTX

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI

Ram: 16 gigabyte DDR4

If you need any more information just ask

:)

BlueChicken18846, Sep 29, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 29, 2019
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Device Descriptor Request Failed

1. Device Descriptor Request Failed - Similar Threads - Device Descriptor Request

2. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  3. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  5. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  6. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a nice gaming mouse and then it randomly stops working, I've checked the mouse and there is nothing wrong with it, I've tried many options from youtube and even from this site, please help find an actually helpful answer that actually works....
  7. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: [ATTACH] so i was trying to connect my phone via USB to use the USB tether function , but then it just broke and now i have watched 3 articles and nothing helped , and i found out that one of the problems might be no generic USB hub and i attach a screenshot of my device...
  8. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Dell Alienware 51m Laptop running Windows 10 build 1909. I have been facing a very weird problem for quite some time now and there seems to be no fix to it. At any point of time the mouse, the keyboard and any other device like Bluetooth speaker freeze and I see...
  9. device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    device descriptor request failed: [ATTACH] I need help really bad, The only USB ports not working are 2 2.0 in the back and 1 2.0 & 1 3.0 in the front. I'm going to bed soon so I will reply tomorrow but so far I have done the following: -Uninstalled the drivers and restarted my pc -Tried to update...
  10. a request for device descriptor request failed

a request for device descriptor request failed: hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i...