Windows 10: Device Descriptor Request Failed

Discus and support Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Alienware 51m Laptop running Windows 10 build 1909. I have been facing a very weird problem for quite some time now and there seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nitish-s, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Nitish-s Win User

Device Descriptor Request Failed

I have a Dell Alienware 51m Laptop running Windows 10 build 1909. I have been facing a very weird problem for quite some time now and there seems to be no fix to it.

At any point of time the mouse, the keyboard and any other device like Bluetooth speaker freeze and I see Device Descriptor Request Failed in device manager. The internal keyboard and mouse stop working. I have to restart the device.

I have tried the following standard steps already

1. Updated windows with the most recent version.
    2. Updated all my drivers

I have tried the following fixes as well

1. Found out the Device Instance Path from device manager of the failed device, disabled enhancedpowermanagementenabled in Registry
    2. Turned off Fast Startup in power settings
    3. Disabled "Allow Computer To Turn Off This To Save Power" option in device manager
    4. Disabled and Enable USB sleep
    5. Uninstalled the failed device
    6. Uninstalled the drivers and installed them freshly
    7. Fresh install of Windows 10 twice

I have literally tried every single fix and trick I could find on the internet for Device Descriptor Request Failed. This has become a very complicated issue to fix because the error/failure of device can happen at any time. There seems to be no specific trigger for this. The Dell customer support tried everything they could think of and couldn't come up with any solution.

I noticed earlier when my laptop was shipped with Windows 10 build 1903 it had no such issues. All these issues started when I updated to Windows 10 build 1909 after installing it on a SSD. I cannot afford to again do a fresh install of 1903 and hope for this to work.

I observed something weird happening in the registry when the devices fail, the failed devices go into this folder VID_0000&PID_0002. I am attaching screenshots of the device manager and registry. If someone could solve this for me, it will be of great help.

Device Descriptor Request Failed b60a1343-3c45-44b6-b714-dff75008a566?upload=true.png Device Descriptor Request Failed cd432363-a9ce-46dd-b8b4-12ed0e78ec4c?upload=true.png

:)

Nitish-s, Jan 10, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 10, 2020
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Device Descriptor Request Failed

1. Device Descriptor Request Failed - Similar Threads - Device Descriptor Request

2. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  3. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  6. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  7. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a nice gaming mouse and then it randomly stops working, I've checked the mouse and there is nothing wrong with it, I've tried many options from youtube and even from this site, please help find an actually helpful answer that actually works....
  8. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: [ATTACH] so i was trying to connect my phone via USB to use the USB tether function , but then it just broke and now i have watched 3 articles and nothing helped , and i found out that one of the problems might be no generic USB hub and i attach a screenshot of my device...
  9. device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    device descriptor request failed: [ATTACH] I need help really bad, The only USB ports not working are 2 2.0 in the back and 1 2.0 & 1 3.0 in the front. I'm going to bed soon so I will reply tomorrow but so far I have done the following: -Uninstalled the drivers and restarted my pc -Tried to update...
  10. a request for device descriptor request failed

a request for device descriptor request failed: hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i...