Windows 10: Device Descriptor Request failed

Discus and support Device Descriptor Request failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I have some errors in device manager like port reset failed and device descriptor request failed.Long striy short: I have already tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by timniko, Apr 1, 2017.

1. timniko Win User

Device Descriptor Request failed

Hey, I have some errors in device manager like port reset failed and device descriptor request failed.Long striy short: I have already tried all the standard answers several times. I dont know wich device is/was the one who caused the error. It coud be mine (already contected everything I have) or of some other person. My probem is not the "problem"... What really annoys me is windows keeping refreshing the device manager and with that causing my pc to freeze for a second randomly. I have unsinstalled the device, plugged the pc off power for minutes, tried to remove with usbdview and usboblivion and all the stuff with energy options! The thing is that an error loke that seems to not be a big thing, but I cant use my PC anymore. I need windows to stop trying to reset the usb port or whatever it does, just forget about the error/device. Has anyone an idea how to get rid o this? Thank you and hope the answers will help other too!

:)

timniko, Apr 1, 2017

2. My Windows isnt detecting any of my USB Hubs

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Device information

Name:
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

ID:
    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&161B9FA8&0&4

Error code:

View device details

Completed

View details about Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and check if there is a solution available.

Nope didnt fix it anyway seems like i need to do something about it i wonder if there was a missing file from the install ?

LiteGaming, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Unknown USB Device

Device Descriptor Request Failed Drive error

richardsantucci, Apr 1, 2017
  4. Device Descriptor Request failed

Hi timniko. Welcome to the TenForums @timniko

Can I ask when did this problem start? Had you added a device?

Have you tried resetting your BIOS? (Before you do please ensure you document or know current customizations?)

Have you check manufacture's site for a newer BIOS? Not recommending you update BIOS but it would be nice to know if they have a newer version. Updating BIOS has its own risks which can result in a "Bricked" machine.

I assume this problem happens with all external USB devices removed, correct?

Is it possible to get Hardware id's from device manager for problematic devices?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 8, 2017
    • Check for a newer BIOS
    • Reinstall the latest chipset drivers (from your m/b or computer maker website for you model)
    • You've already tried the "power" options you say? meaning you've both
      • Disabled selective suspend for all controllers?
      • Disabled Let the computer put device to sleep?

If problem persists, try disabling USB 3.0 support (done in BIOS. Look for a USB configuration option). When it's disabled, only your 2.0 ports will work. But see if the problem goes away or persists

And you can't identify the problem device(s)? I mean does it happen if only USB mouse/keyboard or a USB transceiver connected? Otherwise you should be able to add devices to try trouble shoot. Also being mindful of whether you're connecting a 2.0 vs 3.0 device to a 2.0 vs 3.0 port

ComputerGeek, Apr 9, 2017
  5. timniko Win User
    Hello and thank your for your answers! The problem has gone away after I restarted in safe mode and uninstalled the problematic ports. I did this already in "not safe" mode and it did not help! I had already the newest drivers and bios. I had also usb 3.0 disabled and tried the power options. I cant really say when the problem started to happen. My usb 3.0 ports come from a PCIe card that I have bought some time ago. My motherboard is an Asus P5K Premium Wifi. I hope that my experience will help somebody!!!

timniko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Device Descriptor Request failed

1. Device Descriptor Request failed - Similar Threads - Device Descriptor Request

2. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  3. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Wireless Mouse 1000 and Keyboard 800. The keyboard's light won't turn on, the mouse is unresponsive, and the dongle in the device manager says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Any possible ways to fix this?...
  4. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  5. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Within Device Manager, when the USB printer cable is plugged into the computer regardless of the port plugged into, shows the following error:Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed.We are running SignMaster CUT+ARMS 3.5 and trying to use a VEVOR AB-1350...
  6. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a nice gaming mouse and then it randomly stops working, I've checked the mouse and there is nothing wrong with it, I've tried many options from youtube and even from this site, please help find an actually helpful answer that actually works....
  7. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: [ATTACH] so i was trying to connect my phone via USB to use the USB tether function , but then it just broke and now i have watched 3 articles and nothing helped , and i found out that one of the problems might be no generic USB hub and i attach a screenshot of my device...
  8. Device Descriptor Request Failed

Device Descriptor Request Failed: I have a Dell Alienware 51m Laptop running Windows 10 build 1909. I have been facing a very weird problem for quite some time now and there seems to be no fix to it. At any point of time the mouse, the keyboard and any other device like Bluetooth speaker freeze and I see...
  9. device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    device descriptor request failed: [ATTACH] I need help really bad, The only USB ports not working are 2 2.0 in the back and 1 2.0 & 1 3.0 in the front. I'm going to bed soon so I will reply tomorrow but so far I have done the following: -Uninstalled the drivers and restarted my pc -Tried to update...
  10. a request for device descriptor request failed

a request for device descriptor request failed: hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i...