Windows 10: "Device detected as..." Window no longer opens?

Discus and support "Device detected as..." Window no longer opens? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I plugged a connector into the AUX input of my laptop (Windows 10), a window would always open immediately asking me what the connected device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by newuser12344, Jun 22, 2020.

1. "Device detected as..." Window no longer opens?

When I plugged a connector into the AUX input of my laptop (Windows 10), a window would always open immediately asking me what the connected device was. There were for example the options:

Recognize device as

• Audio input
    • Microphone input
    • Speaker
    • Headset
    Now yesterday I checked the box that my PC should save the data for the next time and always recognize the device as a headset. But now I connected a microphone today and the window opens more. How can I make sure that the window opens again as soon as I put a plug into the socket or where can I set that my PC should recognize the plugged in device as microphone?

:)

newuser12344, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second display.

Windows 10 no longer DETECTs the second monitor on my surface pro.

It used to detect the Dell S2440L, but I moved locations and set the second monitor up again after it being disconnected for -1- month.

It no longer detects the second monitor. Also, the driver is not listed in Device Manager/Drivers list.

Peg Futrell, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 22, 2020
  4. "Device detected as..." Window no longer opens?

usb device no longer accessible in Windows

I made a boot USB of OS X Snow Leopard from the real DVD. I had to go through several steps because I don't have a real mac. I installed OS X in a virtual machine and used SuperDuper to perform the format and copy of the OS. It installed perfectly on a customer Mac Book. Now, I no longer have any use for the OS X boot usb, so it was time to format the device. I formatted the usb in Linux and used NTFS filing system. When I stuck the usb flash drive into my PC, only 230mb is available. I wanted to see what was going on, so I opened up Disk Management and it shows 250mb (FAT32) and another partition that's 7.27GB, but it cannot be formatted. What can I do to fix this problem? I'm at my wits end! If necessary, I could post some pictures of whats going on.

GoFigureItOut, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

"Device detected as..." Window no longer opens?

1. "Device detected as..." Window no longer opens? - Similar Threads - Device detected Window

2. Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android: Summary: Haven't been able to update since 09-2023. Both 09-2023 and 10-2023 cumulative updates fail to install, and my Android and iPhone are no longer detected in File Explorer. The in place upgrade always fails, as does resetting through Windows 11.Ever since last month,...
  3. Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer updates, and mobile devices are no longer detected iPhone and Android: Summary: Haven't been able to update since 09-2023. Both 09-2023 and 10-2023 cumulative updates fail to install, and my Android and iPhone are no longer detected in File Explorer. The in place upgrade always fails, as does resetting through Windows 11.Ever since last month,...
  4. Huawei Mediapad M5 No Longer Detected as USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huawei Mediapad M5 No Longer Detected as USB Device: Although I am able to charge my tablet, I can no longer use it to transfer files.A list of places I have looked:The device does not show up in Disk ManagementIt was previously in Device Manager under Hidden Devices, but is no longer after my debugging effortsA list of things...
  5. Huawei Mediapad M5 No Longer Detected as USB Device

Huawei Mediapad M5 No Longer Detected as USB Device: Although I am able to charge my tablet, I can no longer use it to transfer files.A list of places I have looked:The device does not show up in Disk ManagementIt was previously in Device Manager under Hidden Devices, but is no longer after my debugging effortsA list of things...
  6. Huawei Mediapad M5 No Longer Detected as USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone no longer detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone no longer detected.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10. The machine is only 2 years old. The entire time during lockdown, my microphone has worked. I haven't used it in 2 months and suddenly before a zoom call today, I got a notice that the microphone is not detected. I haven't been...
  8. Microphone no longer detected.

Microphone no longer detected.: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows 10. The machine is only 2 years old. The entire time during lockdown, my microphone has worked. I haven't used it in 2 months and suddenly before a zoom call today, I got a notice that the microphone is not detected. I haven't been...
  9. iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices: Windows 10 stopped recognizing my iPhone as a device. It no longer shows up in Explorer or Device Manager.I have the latest iOS installed on my phone and current on Windows updates though I didn't have this issue before the last MS update - could be coincidenceI tried...
  10. Windows No Longer Detects a Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows No Longer Detects a Homegroup: my boys want to play minecraft on the lan. so i create a homegroup. with their machines switched off. then i switch on their machines and see the message that i've created a homegroup. so i click 'join' and input the password. and both machines give me an error...