Windows 10: Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

Discus and support Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peteyt, Aug 1, 2015.

1. peteyt Win User

Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10.

I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent.

I have noticed a few things - In task manager the Com Surrogate process closes when the sound is heard. In device manager when the sound is heard device manager refreshes.

However I can't find what's causing the issue. Is there anyone having this issue?

I may have actually fixed this by unplugging my HDMI cable in and out strangely. I am just waiting to make sure

:)

peteyt, Aug 1, 2015
  2. SR_N8 Win User

Nokia Suite 3.4.19 freezes PC on disconnecting N8

All OK! I managed to upload finally the Log archive...

Just tried to connect and disconnect phone to PC and again it freeze same way... So problem is repeated regularly.

SR_N8, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Lisa-Bzy Win User
    Repeating Audio noise on Windows 10 during audi or video playback

This solution worked for me:

I had what turned out to be a "device disconnect" sound that was repeating every minute (also when trying to play videos/audio).

To find out which sound it was and to stop the sound I did the following: [Windows 10 Solution]

1. Search "Sound" in the start menu or find sounds in the Control Panel

2. Go to the "Sounds" tab.

3. In the Program Events list, look at possible sounds it could be. One at a time, select one (ie: Device Disconnect) and change the Sounds: to '(None)'

4. Select 'Apply'. If the sound disappears, you found the issue. If not, repeat step 3.

Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly [​IMG]

Please note that this is a workaround and may not be resolving the core of the issue. Hope this helps!

Lisa-Bzy, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

1. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly - Similar Threads - Device Disconnection sound

2. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi dongle disconnects regularly: Previous posts here in the community have tried to address the problem of peoples wifi dongles dropping connection regularly. The previous instructions from Microsoft given to correct the problem are not working because they are not addressing the real problem. The problem is...
  3. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  4. Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time

Disconnected device sound keeps happening every time: This is literally driving me to insanity. I'm just using the pc normally and i keep hearing the sound that you hear when you disconnect a usb device. It happens every few seconds. I opened up device manager, nothing abnormal there, but when ever i hear the disconnected...
  5. AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so

AES2501B Device - "Device Disconnected" sound every ten seconds or so: Since installing Windows 10 I've been bothered by "Device Disconnected" sounds about every 10 seconds or so. I just turned off the sound until I could investigate further. I found that the AES2501B fingerprint reader device is the culprit as disabling it stopped the...
  6. No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events

No Sound from Device Connect/Disconnect,etc Events: So I just installed Windows 10 and been trying to get the right drivers on my gear. Everything was fine until after I installed a ASIO audio driver for a mixer. Now I don't have any Event Sounds when I plug or unplug devices. Tried uninstalling the ASIO drivers and...
  7. Unknown Device Disconnected sounds

Unknown Device Disconnected sounds: I am getting numerous Device Disconnected sounds and occasionally Device Connected sounds. I am trying to trace the source of these and started looking in the event logs. There does not appear to be any events with Critical or Error tags showing. Should the Device...
  8. Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically

Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds Happens Sporadically: Win 10 v1709 64-bit. From time to time the PC speakers will emit one or more device connect and/or disconnect sounds. Sometimes it will also do this when I plug an iPhone charger into an electrical outlet in the same room but separate from the one the PC is plugged into. This...
  9. Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound

Switching sound devices causes distortion/repeated sound: Hey guys, I'm having a weird issue with switching between my onboard audio and my Sound Blaster Z. Whenever I set the latter to be the default device, I get what sounds like a sound repeated over and over, echoing endlessly. The reason I switch between the two is to use my...
  10. Disconnect device?

Disconnect device?: I'm not finding the icon for same in the popup box at the right side of the toolbar as was the case with Win7. I searched locally and didn't find it. Is there a new feature that doesn't require ejecting a USB iPod, flash drive...? Mark 49708