Windows 10: device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

Discus and support device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello! My Windows 10 laptop, which is linked to my Microsoft account, stopped recognising my password. I tried resetting password but it did not help.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OlgaAndreyevskikh, Jan 24, 2019.

1. device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

Hello! My Windows 10 laptop, which is linked to my Microsoft account, stopped recognising my password. I tried resetting password but it did not help. What steps should I take to sign in?

:)

OlgaAndreyevskikh, Jan 24, 2019
  2. RobGaal Win User

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 24, 2019
  4. device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

1. device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password - Similar Threads - device doesn't recognise

2. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  3. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  4. Microsoft account not recognised

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account not recognised: Hello, My daughter's computer Windows 10, S mode recently said something about updates that it could not do sorry about the lack of detail- all very second hand information!. My wife decided to restart the computer and now we are confronted with the sign-in screen that...
  5. Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device: I use a USB audio interface to use my microphone with my laptop. I had to use it on another computer so unplugged it to use on that one, then plugged it back into the laptop in question after. My laptop now won't recognise the audio interface it is plug and play so doesn't...
  6. Cannot add device to Microsoft account as serial number not recognised

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add device to Microsoft account as serial number not recognised: Bought a new laptop today and tried to add the device to my microsoft account. Entered the serial number but its not recognised. Serial number is definitely correct as copied from device. Any ideas?...
  7. Microsoft Store doesn't recognise my device depsite it being in the Device tab on the...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store doesn't recognise my device depsite it being in the Device tab on the...: Recently I've had to get a replacement device as there was a problem with the bios of the other one. The device in question is a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13. On the old device I purchased Minecraft and set up the necessary accounts for the online features, all this game data is...
  8. Microsoft does not recognise my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft does not recognise my password: Some time ago Microsoft refused to recognise my password though I know it was OK. Luckily I can open my computer using my PIN but I'm worried that M'soft might suddenly not recognise that either so I set about resetting my password using https://account.live.com. Three...
  9. windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices: Under windows 7 if I plug my phone into a USB it comes up as another device in my computer. This does not happen in windows 10. 113992
  10. windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 doesn't recognise other devices: Under windows 7 if I plug my phone into a USB it comes up as another device in my computer. This does not happen in windows 10. 113992

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 does not recognise sign in password

2. microsoft account will not recognise password after resettin