Windows 10: Device driver code 39 on 2 computers

Discus and support Device driver code 39 on 2 computers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Please help me, I'm loosing my mind here trying to get this device working again! It Worked well with no problems for years, worked well also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guy Dresher, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Device driver code 39 on 2 computers

Hello,

Please help me, I'm loosing my mind here trying to get this device working again!

It Worked well with no problems for years, worked well also after replacing my whole PC 7 months ago.

Its a sound interface device and a week ago it just stopped working. Device Manager shows:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

The device:

Roland Octa-Capture

Firmware: 1.51 (latest, unchanged)

PC:

CPU: Intel I9-7920X

Motherboard: ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING

64Gb RAM

Dual Monitors

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

installed: 05/04/2019

Version: 1903

Build: 18362.145

Insider program: slow

Tried:

1. uninstalling driver, reboot, letting windows installing it's drivers - same results.

2. uninstalling driver, reboot, installing manufacturers drivers downloaded from Roland's site - same results.

3. Disconnecting device, uninstalling driver, reboot, letting windows installing it's drivers - same results.

4. Disconnecting device, uninstalling driver, reboot, installing manufacturers drivers downloaded from Roland's sites - same results.

5. Changing USB cable - same results.

6. Changing USB port - same results.

7. Deleting the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, uninstalling driver, reboot, letting windows installing it's drivers - same results.

8. Uninstalling driver, shutting down the system, unplugged power cord, letting it cool overnight, turning it on, letting windows installing it's drivers - same results.

9. Different PC I have, older, 6 years old but I7. letting windows installing it's drivers - same results.

At that point I was quite sure the device was faulty so I went with it to the store where I bought it 3 years ago, but there, connected the same way - IT WORKED ! No Code 39, Perfectly working! They used windows's drivers just as I did.

Went horme, Reconnected... Same bad result, not working.

Tested on a 4 year old I5 laptop - Working !!!.......

What the hell is going on here?!

How can I debug it? How can I fix it?

Please help, it's driving me nuts!

Sincerely,

Guy Dresher

:)

Guy Dresher, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

All USB storage devices have code 39 error

Hi Ilya,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get same error codes in the Device manager too?
    • Does this issue occurs in other hardware components like keyboard and mouse?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you get same error when you connect your extenal hard drive to a different computer running Windows 10?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to check in Device Manager and check if you get the same error code. If yes follow link and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested under
    Code 39

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-39

Do let us know if the same code 39 shows under all USB storage devices. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 5, 2019
  3. PronoyRoy Win User
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard has a driver problem (Code 39)

Laptop keyboard [Standard PS/2 Keyboard] has stopped working.

Error message as shown below:

[Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.]

Have tried the following option-

1. Troubleshooting option through Control Panel-Hardware and Devices- then restarting system

2. Uninstalling the device and restarting the system.

Both have failed to solve the issue.

Q1. Am i missing any step here?

Q2. Are there other alternatives i can try to restore device ?

PronoyRoy, Jun 5, 2019
  4. auggy Win User

Device driver code 39 on 2 computers

Code 39 error for Imaging Devices

The Event Logs indicate that there may have been a previous Logitech camera installed.

Did you have a Logitech camera installed and did it too give the "Code 39" ?

Also, for the device presently giving the "Code 39" can you confirm the Class GUID for the device:

In the Device Manager right-click the device giving the "Code 39" > Properties > Details, then choose "Class GUID" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

auggy, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Device driver code 39 on 2 computers

1. Device driver code 39 on 2 computers - Similar Threads - Device driver code

2. code 39 on device driver for cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    code 39 on device driver for cd: I have tried recommended steps to reinstall but code 39 recurring https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-39-on-device-driver-for-cd/88bbcf45-255f-4d95-8065-9c885d0d7773
  3. Code 39

in Windows 10 Customization
    Code 39: Hi, My Audio is not working, it says code 39 and so far everything I have tried hasn't helped. Thanks for any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-39/d0da6429-b38d-4e86-b51a-30e366d820a6
  4. Error code 39 for USB 2860 device

Error code 39 for USB 2860 device: I am running with Windows 10 Pro and have used this device on this machine and it has worked perfectly. When I reconnected two days ago I keep receiving the error code 39. How can I resolve this issue? I have tried searching for driver updates but am told this is the best...
  5. orrpcorrupt driver----code 39

orrpcorrupt driver----code 39: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orrpcorrupt-driver-code-39/7b4296ee-302f-49bb-bd98-7618c2c48261
  6. The driver may be corrupt or missing (Code 39)

The driver may be corrupt or missing (Code 39): USB port not working after Windows download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-driver-may-be-corrupt-or-missing-code-39/6ac9e8cc-cdc3-46e3-b99b-c7247c09dc29
  7. Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)

Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39): My USB is not working when I connected from Port USB and it is not detected for Window. Got error: "Window cannot load device driver for this hardware. The Driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)" Thanks for helping me....
  8. Error code 39

Error code 39: Hello, so recently i was deleting some bad registry entries and folder from suspicious stuff which helped my pc greatly,but as i restarted the system and loged in i saw an error with my cpu (drivers). As i run numerous times the microsoft troubleshooters i saw that the error...
  9. Code 39 Corrupted Driver Problem. Tried Everything.

Code 39 Corrupted Driver Problem. Tried Everything.: My mouse recently stopped working and giving me a code 39 error. I tried uninstalling and updating drivers and many other potential solutions. I even went so far as to just reinstall Windows and basically factory reset my computer after hours of trying to solve this issue....
  10. windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio

windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware code 39 audio: So, My son got the BSOD where he couldn't select the language, so I reformatted and reinstalled a clean version of win 10. Now, under device manager I get 2 heading of HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CONTROLLER with both having a yellow exclamation point. When I click on, the...
Tags: