Windows 10: Device driver icon has warning flag

Discus and support Device driver icon has warning flag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 laptop. In Device Manager, the icon for my touchpad has a yellow caution flag. When I update it through DM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RogerBlair1, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Device driver icon has warning flag

I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 laptop. In Device Manager, the icon for my touchpad has a yellow caution flag. When I update it through DM, DM tells me I already have the best driver. When I run third-party Driver Booster which has always been reliable up to now, it claims I need a new driver; when I let DB update the driver, the pointer disappears, and I have to do a system restore to get back to where I was before. I have to go through contortions and conniptions to get the pointer to come back. Obviously, I trust Microsoft more than DB in this case, but I have a couple of questions: why did Driver Booster disagree with Device Manager, and if my driver is up to date, why do I get the caution flag?

Thanks.

:)

RogerBlair1, Nov 9, 2020

2. base system device driver not found

Hello,

Code 28 error indicates that the drivers for this device are not installed. I would suggest you to try the methods provided below and check if they help in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter automatically detect and fix issue with your hardware and devices. To run this troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find the device that you want to update, and double-click the device name.
    • Click Driver tab.
    • Click Update Driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Update us on the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 9, 2020
  3. CJCerny Win User
    Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Device driver icon has warning flag

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Device driver icon has warning flag

1. Device driver icon has warning flag - Similar Threads - Device driver icon

2. Password Issue , C driver warning icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Issue , C driver warning icon: Hi , I was so frustrated windows forcefully prompting me to change password either every 3 days or once a week . I also noticed that i have warning icon in my c drive...
  3. Password Issue , C driver warning icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Issue , C driver warning icon: Hi , I was so frustrated windows forcefully prompting me to change password either every 3 days or once a week . I also noticed that i have warning icon in my c drive...
  4. Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager: I disconnected my AirPods and reconnected them because I was trying to sort out a headphone situation, and when I tried to reconnect them it just kept saying 'can't connect' when I tried adding a new device. I went to device manager to update my drivers but they're up to date...
  5. Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager: I disconnected my AirPods and reconnected them because I was trying to sort out a headphone situation, and when I tried to reconnect them it just kept saying 'can't connect' when I tried adding a new device. I went to device manager to update my drivers but they're up to date...
  6. Bluetooth won't work, has a yellow warning sign over the driver in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Device Manager isn't flagging driverless devices.

Device Manager isn't flagging driverless devices.: Hi! What it says on the tin: Some things are flagged (Mass Storage Controller gets the yellow triangle) and others aren't: It's pretty obvious that "Legacy Device" doesn't have a driver installed, but you've gotta right-click to see it. Am I missing a setting or something?...
  8. Domain has been flagged as malicious

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain has been flagged as malicious: The domain central-compliance.com was falsely reported by Microsoft in regards to being a phishing attack. These domains belong to a SaaS platform, PhishingBox. PhishingBox provides tools to generate simulated phishing campaigns for authorized clientele. We do not collect any...
  9. Driver Warning

Driver Warning: I have been getting a warning message on and off for some time now about a driver I am trying to install not being signed. I have 2 options: don't install or install anyway. The thing is I don't know what the driver is. There is nothing in the warning to indicate what it is...
  10. Meaning of Warning Icons in Device Manager

Meaning of Warning Icons in Device Manager: After installing a new Samsung 850 EVO SSD (this is in addition to the SSD that is on the mother board)in my Dell XPS 8700 and upgrading to Win10, I have three warnings showing up in Device Manager. [img] Opening their properties shows that all three are working correctly...