Windows 10: Device driver software installation

Discus and support Device driver software installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Keep on getting error messages to finish installing software. I go into Security and Maintenance and I'm constantly getting the following info:-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chrismahon2909, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Device driver software installation

Keep on getting error messages to finish installing software. I go into Security and Maintenance and I'm constantly getting the following info:-

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\newdev.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: newdev.exe

Application Version: 5.2.3668.0

Application Timestamp: 90445e2f

Fault Module Name: StackHash_863c

Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.356

Fault Module Timestamp: f24fc044

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: PCH_8B_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CC24

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 863c

Additional Information 2: 863c60f0fe9ab67e9740bc344fc67219

Additional Information 3: 1ff4

Additional Information 4: 1ff487e34827e57efd5baa28f6f22927

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 223e892c1265f0d5e18ad753b73e1530 (1264059399987402032)

I've ran sfc/ scannow in elevated command prompt which doesn't register any irregularity. This has been happening for approximately 3 weeks now, I've even done 2 clean installs and it is still showing. I've ran Norton Security Premium together with Malwarebytes Premium, neither of which show any virus. My system seems to be running ok apart from this. There is one thing, I did buy and install a Creative SoundBlaster AE7 internal soundcard. The problem seems to have started since about that time, although that may be just a coincidence, although I have yet to remove it and try my PC for a few days without the internal soundcard. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

My rig for your info:-

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 ver.1 mobo.

Intel i7 6700K

2 Lots of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16X4M2B3000C15 DDR4 3000MHz XMP 2 total 32Gb RAM (Matched up the RAM when the second lot became really cheap).

Samsung MZ-V7E1T0BW 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD

Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SATA SSD ( Use this for Back up)

Creative SoundBlaster AE 7 Internal Sound Card

beQuiet 850 W Dark Power Pro 11 PSU

Dell U2715H Monitor

Noctua NH-U14S CPU Cooler with NF-A15 Fan 140mm

Logitech Z623 2.1 Speaker System

Sennheiser HD 598SE Headphones.

Asus PCE-AC56

Case NZXT H440

Logitech Keyboard and Mouse.

No Graphics card at the moment but looking at the Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Nitro + Special Edition.

Software Windows 10 Pro and Office 365 all updates loaded, as is true for the rest of the software I have downloaded.

That's about the lot. I'm not a genius when it comes to PCs but I can generally work things out given time, but this has got me beat.

:)

chrismahon2909, Sep 14, 2019
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Sep 14, 2019
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Installing Linux Mint Sarah nVidia GT6600 Drivers

Hi,

I've installed the Drivers the software\driver center had but no 1080p Res. (only 1024x768, 4:3 etc) I need the terminal way step by step

rk3066, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Device driver software installation

Why does driver update software disagree with device manager?

On a whim, I installed IObit's driver updater. to my surprise. Instead of blindly following its suggestions, I used the device manager to update the drivers. Yet some updates that IObit's software listed were not found by device manager. Why is this?

user173724, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Device driver software installation

1. Device driver software installation - Similar Threads - Device driver software

2. Finish installing device software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finish installing device software: Today on startup, after a few seconds or a minute or so, I got a notification that says "Finish installing device software".I clicked it and it just disappeared and did not open anything.The icon is a red circle with a white 'x' and it's under security and maintenance.What do...
  3. Finish installing device software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finish installing device software: Today on startup, after a few seconds or a minute or so, I got a notification that says "Finish installing device software".I clicked it and it just disappeared and did not open anything.The icon is a red circle with a white 'x' and it's under security and maintenance.What do...
  4. Finish installing device software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft is installing device specific software/drivers despite having this setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft is installing device specific software/drivers despite having this setting...: Hello,I have been battling an issue with Windows 10 for months now. I'm not sure what Microsoft is up to with this but here's how it goes:I delete every partition on my hard drive including the hidden ones Microsoft doesn't want you to know about, including system restore...
  6. Microsoft is installing device specific software/drivers despite having this setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is installing device specific software/drivers despite having this setting...: Hello,I have been battling an issue with Windows 10 for months now. I'm not sure what Microsoft is up to with this but here's how it goes:I delete every partition on my hard drive including the hidden ones Microsoft doesn't want you to know about, including system restore...
  7. Finish installing device software

Finish installing device software: This notification constantly pops up and I can not finish installing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finish-installing-device-software/67a6ea95-2d29-43c5-9071-a55d770017fe
  8. Delete driver software for this device missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete driver software for this device missing: [ATTACH] where did the \"Delete driver software for this device\" go submitted by /u/iiStik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gucb9d/delete_driver_software_for_this_device_missing/
  9. Windows encountered a problem installing the Driver software for your Device

in Windows 10 News
    Windows encountered a problem installing the Driver software for your Device: [ATTACH] If you receive Windows encountered a problem installing the Driver software for your Device error message while updating a driver, here is a simple solution to fix this problem. The error message will be accompanied by an additional message – [...] This post Windows...
  10. Finish installing device software

Finish installing device software: Is there any way to know what software Security and Maintenance is referencing when it shows this message?: 'Finish installing device software' 44433