Windows 10: Device drivers not working

Discus and support Device drivers not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Following an unsuccessful Windows 10 update in January for Windows 10 version 1903, all the devices on my laptop stopped working. Initially I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenL166, May 14, 2020.

1. BenL166 Win User

Device drivers not working

Following an unsuccessful Windows 10 update in January for Windows 10 version 1903, all the devices on my laptop stopped working. Initially I thought only a wireless printer was affected, but I’ve since found that other devices such as a USB flash drive have stopped working too, and I can no longer Print to PDF from Word. An old USB key does still work.

When I try to print, either to the printer that previously worked or to Microsoft Print to PDF, the printer is shown as ‘Ready’, but when I click ‘Print’ an error message says that ‘Windows cannot print. There is no printer installed.’

I also borrowed a friend’s portable hard disk drive to see if that worked. My computer downloaded the driver. When I go into ‘Settings / Devices’ the portable HDD shows up, but beneath is the message ‘Driver not found’.

It seems to me that it’s not a problem with the driver for an individual device, because i I’ve downloaded the latest drivers e.g. for the portable hard disk drive, ii all the devices stopped working at the same time, and iii Microsoft Print to PDF is also impacted I can save a Word file as a PDF file, but Microsoft Print to PDF doesn't work.

I’m therefore wondering if it’s a problem related to Windows, especially since the problems started after the failed update in January. My computer has since tried numerous times to install the update for Windows 10 version 1903 but has so far not been able to.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

:)

BenL166, May 14, 2020
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, May 23, 2020
  3. veldthui Win User
    USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, May 23, 2020
  4. Device drivers not working

PhysX Driver that Works on all Capable GPUs to be out by August

The drivers should work... I'd suggest throwing it to Pagalms or the GTX 260/280 teaser driver thread... I know there is a list somewhere for it. All you need is the modded .inf file. But, Driver 177.66 don't need the modded .inf... Just go to Guru3d and grab them and install.

Cold Storm, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Device drivers not working

1. Device drivers not working - Similar Threads - Device drivers working

2. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device driver won't work: I'm having an issue with my device it won't work on my computer but works on my laptop I know the driver is finished as I see the installation is complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-driver-wont-work/3bac877d-f87d-4681-be34-ff6ce4eeeac1
  3. device driver won't work

device driver won't work: Good day!I have purchased a new mouse for my PC and already installed the driver. For some reason my mouse doesn't work on my pc but works fine with my laptop. I see the installation of driver finishes, what might be the problem?...
  4. device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device driver won't work: Good day!I have purchased a new mouse for my PC and already installed the driver. For some reason my mouse doesn't work on my pc but works fine with my laptop. I see the installation of driver finishes, what might be the problem?...
  5. Device/Drivers/ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device/Drivers/ports not working: I have a Pavilion All in one PC. I am trying to plan some routes using a Garmin sat nav. My PC can't see the installed maps on the unit but if I plug it in to the acer laptop I have no issues. The PC can see the Garmin and the mapdata on the SD card but nothing from the unit...
  6. Device/Drivers/ports not working

Device/Drivers/ports not working: I have a Pavilion All in one PC. I am trying to plan some routes using a Garmin sat nav. My PC can't see the installed maps on the unit but if I plug it in to the acer laptop I have no issues. The PC can see the Garmin and the mapdata on the SD card but nothing from the unit...
  7. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device driver won't work: Hello I bought a new mouse for my gaming PC.I tried using it today but it only updated the driver but the mouse still not working. I tried putting it to my laptop and it work perfectly. I updated my drive but it won't fix the issue. The mouse won't work in my PC but working...
  8. Device driver won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device driver won't work: Hello I bought a new mouse for my gaming PC.I tried using it today but it only updated the driver but the mouse still not working. I tried putting it to my laptop and it work perfectly. I updated my drive but it won't fix the issue. The mouse won't work in my PC but working...
  9. Device driver won't work

10. Midi Device Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Midi Device Driver not working: Hi, I have a Yamaha DGX-670 and I'm using it as a midi keyboard. I've been using it for the past couple weeks and it worked fine and all of the sudden it stopped working. I've done some research and I think it's due to the driver not working. When I open device manager and...