Windows 10: Device Drivers - Other Devices

Discus and support Device Drivers - Other Devices in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nick P.., Jan 28, 2022.

1. Nick P.. Win User

Device Drivers - Other Devices

Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in Other Devices see below pics.I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers all no good.I have tried unpairing and paring, no good.I have windows 11 pro and is all updated.Any help apprecaited to slove my connection issue.

:)

Nick P.., Jan 28, 2022

2. Recording Devices

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

A Code 10 error is generated in Device Manager in one of the following situations:

• Device Manager can't start the device.
    • One of the drivers that the device needs does not start.
    • Device Manager has insufficient information to recognize the error that is bubbled up by the device driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
      • Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.
      • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices and click on
        Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Update the driver.

• Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager
    • In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 28, 2022
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 28, 2022
  4. Device Drivers - Other Devices

synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 28, 2022
Thema:

Device Drivers - Other Devices

1. Device Drivers - Other Devices - Similar Threads - Device Drivers Devices

2. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  3. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  4. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Drivers - Other Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Drivers - Other Devices: Hi,I have tried to connect a second monitor which is my Android Smart TV but it's not finding it.I reviewed my Device Drivers and found the items in Other Devices see below pics.I have tried uninstalling, updating drivers all no good.I have tried unpairing and paring, no...
  6. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  7. Other devices in device manager without drivers

Other devices in device manager without drivers: I had previously installed a USB-C video display adapter and have since moved onto a larger docking station to meet my needs. When I stalled the USB-C video display adapter, there are three "devices" that are located in the "other devices" folder in my computer's device...
  8. Printer "Driver is Unavailable" or listed in "Other devices" / "Software devices" in Device...

Printer "Driver is Unavailable" or listed in "Other devices" / "Software devices" in Device...: Hi All, I have a Brother printer of an older model MFC-4550 and I am trying to connect it using a USB-Parallel cable into Windows 10. On a previous version of windows Windows 10 1709, the printer worked perfectly fine. Recently I updated to Ver. 1809 by wiping the computer...
  9. USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.

USB devices being labeled "Other Devices" with driver errors.: I got a new USB headset and microphone for Skype and such. Plugged it in and got no sound, but the in-line mute and volume worked to control the built-in speakers in my computer. Looked in Device Manager and saw that the headset was listed under "Other Devices" with an...
  10. Other Devices / Unknown device

Other Devices / Unknown device: Hi Users , On a Sony Vaio SVT1312b4E Notebook I have two unknown devices that are missing drivers and I haven't a clue what they are . The laptop is working fine on build 14279 . I don't use the SD card reader so it might be that but not sure . I just like to see no...