Windows 10: Device drivers...

Discus and support Device drivers... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With the recent/current printer drivers issues, especially the one in CVE-2021-3438, I've looked in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32\drivers folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cr00zng, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Device drivers...

With the recent/current printer drivers issues, especially the one in CVE-2021-3438, I've looked in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32\drivers folder, looking for the 'ssport.sys" file. It was not there, but found two relatively old Samsung drivers with similar names: I don't recall having any Samsung printer, Android smartphone, etc., ever being connected to my system; not certain from where they came from. Can these drivers deleted and for that matter, other, even older drivers removed as well if not applicable to my system? TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jul 26, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Device drivers...

synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Device drivers...

1. Device drivers... - Similar Threads - Device drivers

2. how to audio driver installed in my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to audio driver installed in my device: audio driver installed in my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-audio-driver-installed-in-my-device/aaea1d61-e7a3-4ffd-9a6e-c278e92f9a2d
  3. how to audio driver installed in my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to audio driver installed in my device: audio driver installed in my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-audio-driver-installed-in-my-device/aaea1d61-e7a3-4ffd-9a6e-c278e92f9a2d
  4. how to audio driver installed in my device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  6. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  7. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. No microphone driver installed or present in my device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphone driver installed or present in my device: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  9. No microphone driver installed or present in my device

No microphone driver installed or present in my device: Device: HP x360 13" 2-in-1 laptopOP System: Windows 11Using Intel EVO i9 processorHi, I recently discovered not only does my laptop not detect a microphone, there's no driver installed for it, as if I had deleted it. I'm not super tech savvy or anything so I could appreciate...
  10. Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?

Hello.. As an administrator how can I prevent users from enabling usb drivers on their devices?: my manager requests me from disable usb drivers on employees devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-as-an-administrator-how-can-i-prevent-users/4aa0d423-f734-4c5d-9919-88871e150d3f