Windows 10: Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Discus and support Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hi, I got similar issue. I turned off the encryption after I am being asked to provide the recovery key every time I boot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sai Rama, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Sai Rama Win User

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Split from this thread.​

Hi,

I got similar issue. I turned off the encryption after I am being asked to provide the recovery key every time I boot the issue. After restarting the system, I couldn't find the encryption setting.

I have the admin rights. But, how do I confirm that I am an admin to see the device encryption setting? I went to the system information and found that the value of the Device Encryption Support is "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, TPM is not usable."

Please provide a solution.

Thank you.

:)

Sai Rama, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Abrar916 Win User

Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for
    the Bitlocker key everytime on startup. As you can expect its annoying having to write in a long bitlocker key. I was looking for solutions online and one person suggested to turn off encryption and then restart the computer and then turn it on again. I did
    that, I went into "Device encryption" in settings and turned it off, then restarted my computer, however now "Device encryption" option has completely disappeared from the settings area, I can't seem to find any way to turn on Bitlocker or device encryption,
    I'm not sure why it has disappeared. I thought it would allow me to turn it on again but it has just disappeared. Could anyone help me turn encryption on again please? It sounds a little crazy but "device encryption" option just disappeared after turning it
    off and restarting.

Abrar916, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Device Encryption vs Bitlocker

Hi David,

Since you would like to know more about Bitlocker and device encryption, we suggest that you check and review our advance support site about the overview of Bitlocker and device encryption on this

link

The overview provide details between the two programs that might help you to decide.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing - Similar Threads - Device Encryption Bitlocker

2. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  3. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  4. Bitlocker Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Device Encryption: Does bitlocker Device encryption change your recovery key each time you turn bitlocker on/off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-device-encryption/3283ade2-2838-48ca-b2e2-68b244410f96
  5. Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption

Bitlocker Removable Device Encryption: We have just upgraded to SCCM 2006 and are testing the Bitlocker policies. We have successfully got fixed device encryption working but we are having real problems with Removable device encryption. With RD Encryption enabled, whenever I plug a USB device in it asks if I want...
  6. No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No BitLocker, No device encryption what to do?: I'm using Home version and there is no BitLocker or even Device Encryption in the Settings. I want to know if I can download Bitlocker or any alternative of this app, I want to encrypt my Drives...
  7. Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?

Windows 10 BitLocker Drive Encryption AND Device Encryption enabled?: Recently I looked into enabling "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on Windows 10 Pro. After enabling it, I discovered that "Device Encryption" under Settings -> Update and Security -> Device Encryption was already enabled. This is a new Lenovo laptop from 12/2020, bought from...
  8. Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing

Device Encryption and Bitlocker not appearing: Hi, I have a Dell inspiron 7570 laptop with windows 10 installed. Recently due to some issues a new hardrive was installed on the laptop so now it has 2 hardrives. However when I was booting up the hardrive that has my OS installed, it kept asking me for the Bitlocker key...
  9. Device Encryption and BitLocker

Device Encryption and BitLocker: Hello MS Community! Posting a subject name as Device Encryption and BitLocker, would it be correct to have it as: BitLocker Device Encryption and standard BitLocker? It's been way too late for me to know about Device Encryption and I hope the experts about this subject...
  10. Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging

Bitlocker Device Encryption enabled after imaging: I am trying to create a Windows 10 image for my organization, and cannot figure out one particular issue with Bitlocker. It seems that after I sysprep, and throw the image on a new computer, it then has BitLocker partially enabled. What I mean is that when going to the About...