Windows 10: Device Encryption error

Discus and support Device Encryption error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop with Windows 10 Home and i need to have it encrypted. Due to an Error I still don't know if my device... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by spkatsi, Mar 24, 2020.

1. spkatsi Win User

Device Encryption error

Hello,

I am using a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop with Windows 10 Home and i need to have it encrypted.

Due to an Error I still don't know if my device is already encrypted or not.

Please note:

- I know BitLocker is a Windows 10 Pro feature, I am trying for "Device Encryption" that is a Windows 10 Home feature.

- After contacting Microsoft Support, I was told that this works only on devices with TPM module support.

My laptop is using PTT, which is Intel's version of TPM, it is enable on bios:

Device Encryption error 9d442bf4-7346-4cd7-92a0-ed92183492ee?upload=true.jpg

Windows can see it on Device Manager as TPM

Device Encryption error f84a16a1-b3ae-4403-b8fc-96f4fae71ef2?upload=true.jpg

However in System Information the value reads as "Elevation Required to View" while a Microsoft agent informed me that for encryption to work, the value should read "meet prerequisites"
    Device Encryption error 304b4145-2cbc-48b7-a752-2931206aa487?upload=true.jpg

How it looks on TPM Management seems ok

Device Encryption error 9a511a09-5d36-4689-9f57-c13ba1794646?upload=true.jpg

And here is the Windows Settings error.

Please note that I have clicked on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" where it checks fine and also I signed out and re-sign in again. Adding a screenshot of that as well.

Device Encryption error 33a10e30-0377-4230-9808-cc4fea244ef2?upload=true.jpg

Device Encryption error 558818dc-1f5d-47e9-8d82-b72ba3892a9e?upload=true.jpg

Please review the screenshots and help as I still don't know if my device is encrypted or not?

:)

spkatsi, Mar 24, 2020

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Device Encryption error

device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Device Encryption error

1. Device Encryption error - Similar Threads - Device Encryption error

2. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  3. BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Encryption - Device Not Ready Error: Hi All I tried encrypting my external hard disk with bit locker and unfortunately it got paused. When I tried to resume the encryption it says device not ready and i am unable to resume the process. Can anyone please help me in resuming the encryption process?* Moved from...
  4. Device Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Encryption: I have Windows 10 and Windows 11 on the same disk but in different partitions. My question is if I turn on Disk Encryption on say Windows 11 partition will it encrypt the entire disk or just the partition the has Windows 11 on it.The actual setup of the drive is 3 partitions...
  5. Device encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption: what does it mean when in my Windows 11 System Information>Device Encryption Support's value is "reasons for failed automatic device encryption:PCR7 binding is supported, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected" mean? is the device encryption in my computer not availble?...
  6. Device encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device encryption: I have a windows 10 laptop. That came with a hard drive, so i replace that with a ssd. But after that device encryption is not showing anymore. I know windows 10 Home doesn't have bitlocker encryption but still home edition have default drive encryption. So is it something to...
  7. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: How to enable device encryption in windows 10 home ?Thanx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-encryption/9376db5e-306d-4c80-bb07-f2fb3d29c564
  8. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: Hi team,The OS in my laptop is Windows 10 Home, and it has Device Encryption. When I tried to dual boot my laptop with ubuntu, it said that Bitlocker Encryption is enabled on the drive, so to install Ubuntu turn off the Bitlocker.So I have turned off the bitlocker and dual...
  9. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: When I go on Start Menu >>> System Information >>> Device Encryption Support the value of this item is "Evaluation Needed to Display". What does that mean? Windows 10 Home Edition...
  10. Device Encryption

Device Encryption: On one of my laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Single Language there is an option for "Device Encryption" [ATTACH] But on my other laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home there is no such option, no device encryption. Microsoft has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system information elevation required to view

2. device-encryption elevation required to view