Windows 10: "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

Discus and support "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If Windows 10 encrypts my system volume "by default," what happens when I have to restore a (third-party) backup image in an emergency? What happens... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JCW2, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JCW2 Win User

"Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

If Windows 10 encrypts my system volume "by default," what happens when I have to restore a (third-party) backup image in an emergency? What happens if I have to move the entire system to a new SDD (on the same, or a warranty-replacement, machine)?

I'm moving to Win10 from Win7 and have no experience with this technology. Both my machines do have a TPM modules, and one has SSDs with Win10 Pro pre-installed. Are there other difficulties that I haven't thought of?

Thanks for any insight! -- JCW2

:)

JCW2, Dec 8, 2019
  2. babuja Win User

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

This is how I've created iso image of c: windows and program partition with veeam.

babuja, Dec 8, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 8, 2019
  4. CountMike Win User

How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

Well, it's not whole OS let alone full backup, must be just boot part. This are partitions opened by mounting MR disk image:

"Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore? [​IMG]

CountMike, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. "Device Encryption" -- Implications for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore? - Similar Threads - Device Encryption Implications

2. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...
  3. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup image restore.: Hello everybody,I have two hard drives on my laptop. One of them is partitioned in two parts, both with an operative system Windows 10, one used for gaming and the other for working.The other hard drive is used for backup.I made months ago a System backup image of the...
  4. Windows backup image restore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  6. Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server 2016 backup/ restored from an vhdx image - Bare Metal: Hello, I tried to restore from a windows server 2016 vhdx image on another server with another configuration, I want to specify that I used the restore system from windows and that the server is a domain controller, and after restart the system is locked in troubleshooter,...
  7. Activation when booting virtual *AND* bare metal

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Activation when booting virtual *AND* bare metal: So I've got an old school Mac Pro with a Boot Camp partition. I recently installed virtualization software called Parallels that is capable of booting the physical Windows disk inside a VM. From a functional perspective, it works great even allowing full DirectX 11 support....
  8. Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bare Metal Restore using Acronis cannot find device driver.: I am using Acronis True Image with Acronis Universal Restore to do a bare metal restore to my new system with dissimilar hardware. After creating the boot disk and cloning my drive, when I go to the new computer and try to install the software I receive 3 error messages;...
  9. Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Implications of BitLocker for Image Backup and Bare-Metal Restore?: rossmcbain, if you're still here, could you please again cruise by the thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/device-encryption-implications-for-image-backup/a5301dbb-3b88-4356-a1ad-e88fb935947f?tm=1575814261659&page=2&auth=1 I'm...
  10. How to restore from a veeam bare metal image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore from a veeam bare metal image: Hi guys, My pc crashed. I've repaired win 10 but lost all programs are gone. I have a veeam bare metal image from 2 days ago, stored on a folder in another partition but have no idea how to restore system using this image. Could someone give a hand here?...