Windows 10: Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings

Discus and support Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Product: HP Pavilion Notebook M2W70PA#AC Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit As stated in Subject, cannot see Device Encryption... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VinitMandlesha, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings

Product: HP Pavilion Notebook M2W70PA#AC
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit

As stated in Subject, cannot see Device Encryption Option in about section of Settings

-Checked for Device Encryption Support in System Information and its corresponding field show : Reason for automatic device encryption, TPM is not usable PCR7 binding is not supported, hardware security test interface failed and device is not mordern is not mordern standby.....
    - Verified HP suport assistance and could not see any driver or bios update pending

- Also, in about section, could see option bitlocker setting which takes me to window store and it shows as blank page

Kindly assist to enable Device Encryption to safeguard data if laptop is stolen Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings f300642d-456d-4d19-9660-73039e063bc2?upload=true.png Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings dbc7a3c2-b082-4627-aaf4-34030dc8ad24?upload=true.png

:)

VinitMandlesha, Mar 6, 2021

2. Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Mar 6, 2021
  4. Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings

1. Device Encryption Not Found in About Section of Settings - Similar Threads - Device Encryption Found

2. Device encryption is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  3. Device encryption is not showing in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  4. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  5. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  6. Not seeing "Device Encryption" under settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not seeing "Device Encryption" under settings: Hello,I have previously had bitlocker encryption enabled on my laptop. However, wanted to disabled it due to repeatedly getting prompted for the key. I disabled bit locker but now I cannot find anywhere to enable it again. I have a windows 10 laptop as well....
  7. Not seeing "Device Encryption" under settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not seeing "Device Encryption" under settings: Hello,I have previously had bitlocker encryption enabled on my laptop. However, wanted to disabled it due to repeatedly getting prompted for the key. I disabled bit locker but now I cannot find anywhere to enable it again. I have a windows 10 laptop as well....
  8. Device Encryption in settings cannot be found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption in settings cannot be found: I had device encryption enabled on both partitions in Windows home. I had to disable it to install ubuntu. I want to re-enable it now but I am able to find setting to do that. I checked Settings -> Update & Security but there is no Device encryption option there. I checked...
  9. Found random Bluetooth devices in "Devices and other devices" section

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Found random Bluetooth devices in "Devices and other devices" section: [ATTACH] Today while I was pairing my phone to my PC I saw these Microsoft devices with random string of letters and numbers already paired. Should I be worried about them or leave them as they are?...
  10. Device encryption menu not found in settings Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device encryption menu not found in settings Windows 10 Home: Hi, I turned off the device encryption in settings of Windows 10 home edition. Once, I did that, I was unable to undo that. It took several hours for decryption. After completion, when tried to turn it on again, the message showed, 'Something went wrong, please try...