Windows 10: Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a new HP laptop and Windows 10 Professional on it. I got Windows 10 Pro because I need device encryption. I installed Windows 10 Pro as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NancyWonacott, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro

I just bought a new HP laptop and Windows 10 Professional on it. I got Windows 10 Pro because I need device encryption. I installed Windows 10 Pro as the directions indicated. Now I am following Microsoft directions to turn on device encryption. In checking if device encryption is available on my device, I see in system information that for Device Encryption Support is says "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InsiantGo, WinRe is not configured." So, I cannot access BitLocker. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

:)

NancyWonacott, Apr 24, 2019

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mobile device encryption

Hello Charles,

You will be unable to change the activation waiting time on the Windows 10 Mobile once you enabled the device encryption. We suggest that you report your concern on the Feedback Hub to let our relevant team know about this. You can follow the steps below
    on how to send a feedback:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub
      app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Problem or Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then submit it.

Don't hesitate to ask the community if you need more help.

Michael Rey, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro

Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro

1. Device Encryption Problem on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Device Encryption Problem

2. Device Encryption problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Encryption problem in Windows 10: I’ve had my laptop with Windows 10 Home for about 5 years, but only discovered a few days ago that device encryption is enabled, i.e. when I go to the device encryption tab in in Update and Security, it says that device encryption is enabled. But it also says: “You need a...
  3. Device Encryption problem in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption problem in Windows 10: I’ve had my laptop with Windows 10 Home for about 5 years, but only discovered a few days ago that device encryption is enabled, i.e. when I go to the device encryption tab in in Update and Security, it says that device encryption is enabled. But it also says: “You need a...
  4. Device Encryption problem in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Encrypt a device on Microsoft Surface X Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt a device on Microsoft Surface X Pro: What would be the way to encrypt and decrypt a device on Surface X Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-a-device-on-microsoft-surface-x-pro/c91e558b-8afd-466d-b09b-c852b4646955
  6. Windows 10 device encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 device encryption: Windows 10 device encryption states it helps prevent offline unauthorized access to the device.Let's say I lost my laptop and someone finds it. Windows never asks me to for the key to use the device.I have a screen PW but once I signed in the device is available for use....
  7. Windows 10 device encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 device encryption: Windows 10 device encryption states it helps prevent offline unauthorized access to the device.Let's say I lost my laptop and someone finds it. Windows never asks me to for the key to use the device.I have a screen PW but once I signed in the device is available for use....
  8. Windows 10 device encryption

Windows 10 device encryption: Windows 10 device encryption states only authorized user will be allowed access to this device.Let's say I lost my laptop and someone finds it. Windows never asks me to for the key to use the device.I have a screen PW but once I signed in the device is available for use....
  9. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I recently read a question about this from someone who has the same Dell Inspiron 15 as me, and it seems their Windows 10 Home DID have the encryption option - mine doesn't, not does it have BitLocker. How can I encrypt my laptop?...
  10. Encryption using Windows 10 Pro

Encryption using Windows 10 Pro: I encrypted tw rather large folders desktop using Windows 10 Pro. Simple process that took about 4 hours to complete. I opened the files and confirmed the process and noticed that each file had a lock icon attached. 1 If someone stole my laptop and had my pin i use to log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no SGN device encryption installed

2. device encryption is temporarily suspended

3. windows 10 device encryption vs bitlocker

4. pcr7 binding is not supported windows 10,
  5. device encryption temporarily suspended Windows 10 1903,
  6. Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption