Windows 10: Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC?

Discus and support Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey y'all. Thanks for your time : I'm running Windows 10 Home. Recently I realized the 'device encryption' setting has disappeared from my settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by michael_jin, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC?

Hey y'all. Thanks for your time :

I'm running Windows 10 Home. Recently I realized the 'device encryption' setting has disappeared from my settings, and when I go into system info, under device encryption support, I get a message that reads 'reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported'. What's interesting though is when I go into control panel, I can still see an option for device encryption; and when I run the manage-bde -status command, it says my protection is on.

So I'm wondering, do I have device encryption? Because my PC is giving me split messaging lol.

by the way, if this is relevant, my device manager says I have a TPM 2.0

thanks y'all :

Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC? c3f61da2-c71a-4080-bb99-570595e1bd5c?upload=true.png Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC? d00104f5-ff4e-44e4-9cf9-51e733a8bfc7?upload=true.png Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC? cc02b3fd-6ed5-4a71-83f5-27f27b7770ba?upload=true.png Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC? 7d052524-4ac5-4a6f-8f8b-193f4111e4fe?upload=true.png

:)

michael_jin, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Sep 4, 2020
  3. Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Exist case a w 10 pro PC - old was w 7 pro...
    to support Only Bitlocker and NOT
    device encryption in settings... see shot above....?

reply:

• Yes this PC not support device encryption in settings only Bitlocker
    • No supports both...

Lse123polis, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC?

Bitlocker vs device encryption in settings

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Yes, you can use device encryption in Windows 10 Pro. Device encryption helps protect your
    Windows PC by encrypting your data—or "scrambling" it —to help keep it secure. Only someone with the right
    encryption key (like a password) can unscramble and read it. Device encryption helps block hackers from getting the files they need to steal your password. If your PC itself is lost or stolen, device encryption also helps keep other people from
    accessing your data by physically installing your locked drive in a different PC. Even if your PC is encrypted, you can still sign in to Windows and use your files as you normally would.

Device encryption is available in Windows PCs that support InstantGo. InstantGo allows your PC to wake up instantly from sleep with your apps and data up to date. For more details about whether you can use device encryption with your PC, check
    the info that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website.

Suggest you to refer Turn on device encryption on windows 10 and see if it helps.

If you require further assistance, please post your query in
    TechNet Forums
    support. Hope they will help you accordingly.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC?

1. Device encryption setting disappeared - do I still have device encryption on my PC? - Similar Threads - Device encryption setting

2. Device encryption disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption disappear: I turned off the device encryption for a reason, but now I want to turn on the feature, but the option has disappeared!How do I turn on the feature now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-encryption-disappear/26c445fc-d8f4-4255-b3a8-613b571e58b6
  3. Device encryption disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device encryption disappear: I turned off the device encryption for a reason, but now I want to turn on the feature, but the option has disappeared!How do I turn on the feature now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-encryption-disappear/26c445fc-d8f4-4255-b3a8-613b571e58b6
  4. "Device encryption" setting in Windows 11 Home has disappeared - do I still have device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Device encryption" setting in Windows 11 Home has disappeared - do I still have device...: There was another question similar to this in Aug 2020. It was unanswered but is closed not sure why Microsoft does this."Device encryption" is normally the third option from the top on the "Privacy & security" screen. It is available on PC's that meet security criteria drive...
  5. "Device encryption" setting in Windows 11 Home has disappeared - do I still have device...

"Device encryption" setting in Windows 11 Home has disappeared - do I still have device...: There was another question similar to this in Aug 2020. It was unanswered but is closed not sure why Microsoft does this."Device encryption" is normally the third option from the top on the "Privacy & security" screen. It is available on PC's that meet security criteria drive...
  6. Device encryption is not showing in settings

Device encryption is not showing in settings: Once turned off the device encryption after that I am trying to turn it back on but can't found device encryption in the Privacy & Security settings and also search for that setting but I can't find that option , I have attached the screenshot of that ....
  7. There is no device encryption setting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  8. There is no device encryption setting.

There is no device encryption setting.: Hello everyone! For some reason, I do not have device encryption in the Windows settings. I have home version, and there should be simplified encryption, but I do not have it. I also have only one drive in my laptop and it is the system one....
  9. Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption: Hi team,The OS in my laptop is Windows 10 Home, and it has Device Encryption. When I tried to dual boot my laptop with ubuntu, it said that Bitlocker Encryption is enabled on the drive, so to install Ubuntu turn off the Bitlocker.So I have turned off the bitlocker and dual...
  10. Device Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device Encryption: When I go on Start Menu >>> System Information >>> Device Encryption Support the value of this item is "Evaluation Needed to Display". What does that mean? Windows 10 Home Edition...