Windows 10: Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KBosk23, Jul 23, 2020.

1. KBosk23 Win User

Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu. He has the TPM and UEFI Enabled but it doesn't give me the option for device encryption. When I look at System Information to see if it has encryption support it shows this error:

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected

I see BitLocker Drive Encryption Service Running under Services and it shows Encrypted File System EFS as stopped.

What do I need to do to enable disk encryption? It seems like everything that he needs is there??

Thanks!

:)

KBosk23, Jul 23, 2020

2. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

You can check for sure if your device supports encryption by following these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/450237...

Unfortunately if it doesn’t support it. Then there isn’t anything that can be done about it.

There are a number of additional feature the Pro edition provides besides bitlocker, you can compare these here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/compare...

Kind Regards,

Elise

EliseM_456, Jul 30, 2020
  3. KBosk23 Win User

Yep, I've read that article but the option for device encryption doesn't show up. Most articles that I've read default to say upgrade to Windows 10 Pro but that seems like a strange work around. If the PC doesn't support BitLocker "lite" under home edition,
    what would an upgrade do for me? There doesn't seem to be very good troubleshooting steps that I've been able to find. The laptop is a brand new HP and I find it hard to believe that such a main stay manufacturer would produce a line of Laptop that wasn't
    compatible with basic Windows security (and the solution is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro??)

Any more detailed troubleshooting available?

KBosk23, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Better then to ask someone who's actually prepared to talk about it, like Dell...

https://www.dell.com/support/article...efault?lang=en

Thema:

1. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Device Encryption Home

2. Windows Home 11 Device Encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Home 11 Device Encryption: My device does not meet the requisites for device encryption. If upgrade to Windows Pro would my system meet the requirements by just upgrading? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-home-11-device-encryption/de2db287-b9c3-4ff9-85ef-5e19486808a0
  3. Windows 11 home device encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home device encryption: I have windows 11 home version on my PC. Under Device encryption it says- Elevation required to view. What does that mean? Will I have to upgrade to Window 11 Pro to get device encryption?...
  4. Windows 11 home device encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home device encryption: I have windows 11 home version on my PC. Under Device encryption it says- Elevation required to view. What does that mean? Will I have to upgrade to Window 11 Pro to get device encryption?...
  5. Device Encryption on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device Encryption on Windows 10 Home: I own a copy of Windows 10 home and I’d like to encrypt my usb drive to keep my files and folders safe from anyone looking. I saw Bitlocker as an option but sadly it isn’t available on my version of windows. Any free suggestions?...
  6. encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    encrypting file in windows 10 Home edition: I am unable to encrypt a file in windows 10 home. The field is grade out. I tried a few suggest like resetting the registry to 1 from 0 and no luck. Any suggestions?...
  7. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I recently read a question about this from someone who has the same Dell Inspiron 15 as me, and it seems their Windows 10 Home DID have the encryption option - mine doesn't, not does it have BitLocker. How can I encrypt my laptop?...
  8. Windows Home -Device encryption

Windows Home -Device encryption: Hello,I would like to turn on Device encryption on my Laptop with TPM 2.0 chip,but I do not have this option in "Update and Security" In system info,Device Encryption Support shows "Elevation Required to View,instead Meets prerequisites...Where is problem ? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Device encryption with Windows 10 Home

Device encryption with Windows 10 Home: I wanted to use device encryption on my Windows 10 Home PC. 64bit. But it won't let me. When I got into System Information in the row Device Encryption Support slot it tell me: Reasons for failed automatic device encryption : Hardware security test interface failed and...
  10. Bitlocker Encryption in Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Encryption in Windows 10 Home Edition: Dear Sir, I have bought a new HP Laptop with the default edition of Windows 10 Home and i would like to Encrypt my hard disk with the bit locker but i couldn't see any bit locker encryption option in control panel. How can I solve this Problem ?? Kindly advise on this if...