Windows 10: Device Encryption

Discus and support Device Encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On one of my laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Single Language there is an option for "Device Encryption" [ATTACH] But on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pritam222, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Pritam222 Win User

Device Encryption

On one of my laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Single Language there is an option for "Device Encryption"

Device Encryption 417f1245-7fc6-4339-a5b2-d51b1a62fbfb?upload=true.jpg

But on my other laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home there is no such option, no device encryption.

Microsoft has clearly specified that Bitlocker and device encryption would be available for Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise Then how is this option available on one of my Windows device and not on the other (both Home version)

:)

Pritam222, Oct 6, 2018

2. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Encryption

Hello Miriam,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your devices page says it is not encrypted when you've turn on encryption, kindly answer these questions:

• Does this happen before you encrypt the device?
    • Which Windows version currently running on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for update.

Gerald Mal, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Device Encryption

device encryption

All apps » Settings » System » Device encryption » Device encryption: On

That encrypts just the internal phone memory and not the microSD, yet. Therefore:

• All apps » Settings » System » About » More info: Please, post (just) your OS build
    • Did you try a new microSD already and did that face the same issue?

Abi99 (2), Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Device Encryption

1. Device Encryption - Similar Threads - Device Encryption

2. Device encryption will not turn back on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption will not turn back on.: I had to disable device encryption for a backup of my SSD and now device encryption will not turn back on, the toggle will show on for about a second then switch back off. System information shows that my computer still meets prerequisites for device encryption and I have...
  3. Device encryption will not turn back on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device encryption will not turn back on.: I had to disable device encryption for a backup of my SSD and now device encryption will not turn back on, the toggle will show on for about a second then switch back off. System information shows that my computer still meets prerequisites for device encryption and I have...
  4. Device encryption for windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption for windows 11 home: I have Windows 11 home and am trying to encrypt a usb drive for my computer. however Windows 11 Home does not have bitlocker. All information I find regarding password protecting my usb drive on Windows 11 home tells me to go to "device encryption" under the "privacy and...
  5. Device encryption for windows 11 home

Device encryption for windows 11 home: I have Windows 11 home and am trying to encrypt a usb drive for my computer. however Windows 11 Home does not have bitlocker. All information I find regarding password protecting my usb drive on Windows 11 home tells me to go to "device encryption" under the "privacy and...
  6. Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?: I want to on/off device encryption settings in security & privacy using my powershell automation script. so it is possible or not please provide me official information on itThanks...
  7. Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?

Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?: I want to on/off device encryption settings in security & privacy using my powershell automation script. so it is possible or not please provide me official information on itThanks...
  8. Device encryption related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device encryption related: Can anybody tell me why i cannot be able to see device encryption setting in my windows but this setting is available before after a clean installation of windows this option is not showing and in system information in device encryption option there showing automatic device...
  9. Device encryption related

Device encryption related: Can anybody tell me why i cannot be able to see device encryption setting in my windows but this setting is available before after a clean installation of windows this option is not showing and in system information in device encryption option there showing automatic device...
  10. Device encryption frozen on decryption, how do I fix it?

Device encryption frozen on decryption, how do I fix it?: Let me start at the beginning.I have a Lenovo ideapad 3. The internal nvme has bad sectors on the hard drive and needs replacing, because it blue screens almost every hour while using it.Sometimes I start the device then it asks for a password for the bitlocker but I never...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home single language encryption

2. device encryption support failed

3. device encryption Reasons for failed automatic device encryption TPM is not usable PCR7 binding is not supported. Un-allowed DMA capable bus/detected. TPM not usable.

4. windows 10 home device encryption is temporarily suspended,
  5. device encryption on windows 10 home single language